Badass Trailer for Aussie The Dark Lurking

The Dark LurkingIt’s not often that a film is able to slip under our radar for too long, so imagine my surprise when reader Gilbert dropped us a line with a heads up about a new Aussie horror/action hybrid called The Dark Lurking.

Yeah, not a big fan of the title, but holy shit you have to see this trailer. It doesn’t tell you much about the film, but it does harken back to Aliens in a very intentional way, I’m sure. I don’t think even Aliens had this much juicy red stuff, though. Wow.

The effects look striking on more levels than just the gore, too; giant interiors, space ships, armor and, of course, monsters. This is one damn impressive trailer, kids.

The Dark Lurking is the story of 8 survivors stuck in a facility one mile beneath the earth’s surface where creatures are picking off anything living one by one. I have no idea when it’s coming out or if it even has a release set yet, but rest assured we’ll be keeping an eye on it for ya!

Now, for that trailer...

- Johnny Butane

Find out what lurks in the Dread Central forums!

Rottenjesus's picture

Holy shit. Total ALIENS vibe to that trailer and that's a great thing in my book. Definitely a movie I want to see whenever it hits DVD here.

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Fri, 02/08/2008 - 12:34pm.
-Future_Master_Of_Horror-'s picture

Just found out I may be covering it for Icons of Fright, if all goes well it'll be the first interview! I'm shitting in my pant as we speak.

danny@iconsoffright.com

Submitted by -Future_Master_... on Fri, 02/08/2008 - 12:34am.
-Future_Master_Of_Horror-'s picture

It looks like a cross between Event Horizon and Doom!!

danny@iconsoffright.com

Submitted by -Future_Master_... on Thu, 02/07/2008 - 9:49pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

I'm with Johnny. If it looks cool, it looks cool. But yeah it's got an Aliens/Gunhead thing going no doubt about it.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Thu, 02/07/2008 - 9:09pm.
PelusaMG's picture

True, it doesn't look low budget, but if it did slightly err that way, I would swear this was an Asylum mockbuster... "The ETs"?

Submitted by PelusaMG on Thu, 02/07/2008 - 8:57pm.
Johnny Butane's picture

Ah, you're all bastards. It's low budget but doesn't look it, and what's wrong with a bit of Aliens? Dicks.

Submitted by Johnny Butane on Thu, 02/07/2008 - 6:59pm.

I like the visuals, but Andrew's right ... this thing is borrowing way too much from Alien and Aliens.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Thu, 02/07/2008 - 4:57pm.
Sirand's picture

Oh, look. A remake of Aliens.

Submitted by Sirand on Thu, 02/07/2008 - 3:53pm.