Rumors have been stirring for some time now regarding a sequel to the remake of Friday the 13th, but Paramount has officially laid claim to a release date, taking the first Friday the 13th spot of 2015, with the film opening in theaters March 13, 2015.
It was recently reported that the producers of the forthcoming Friday the 13th film are considering making the newest entry in the series a found footage movie. As is customary with rumors of beloved film franchises, everyone promptly lost their shit and then forgot about it an hour later.
Rumors of the next entry in the Friday the 13th franchise being a found footage film have been swirling about for a while now, and just like Jason himself, they refuse to die. That being said...
Now that the Friday the 13th franchise has come home to Paramount, we've been waiting patiently to find out when work will start on the next installment so we can get ourselves geared up for Jason's latest rampage. Finally we have something to report.
Last week we told you that the rights to Friday the 13th were back at Paramount. Old school Jason fans rejoiced and there was much celebration in the land (in my house, at least). Today the plot thickens, somewhat unsurprisingly.