Ghostbusters III on its Way to Being Scrapped? Reboot Looming Instead?

Yep, it's that time of the week again, kids. Sit back, relax, and get ready for more crap to be shoveled into your lap as more Ghostbusters non-news is here with a vengeance! Will it ever stop?

In a recent interview with Collider, director Ivan Reitman was asked about the sequel. His response was rather surprising... “I think Ghostbusters probably should be remade, if we can get it all right. We’re working on it, so we’ll see.

Men in Black 3 scribe Etan Cohen had been tapped to rewrite Ghostbusters III for the studio. Does anyone have an icepack? No really this is just plain insane. Where's that short-haired "STOP THE MADNESS" chick when you need her?

More as it inevitably comes.

Ghostbusters III on its Way to Being Scrapped? Reboot Looming Instead?

Feel good in the comments section below!

Source: Collider

Ugh...I fuckin knew it. Remaking another great classic. No thanks. Ill file it away with the Carrie and Robocop remake. <^> Bill Murray.

Submitted by JB Demented on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 5:03pm.
DavidFullam's picture

What have I said for a long time now? Remake. They have too much money tied up into it. I'm worried that instead of college professors, we will have college students.

Submitted by DavidFullam on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 10:06am.
ChaosWeaver's picture

Yeah, either students or Judd Apatow piece of shit comedy cast. I can just see Bradley Cooper as Peter, Seth Rogan as Ray, Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Egon, Craig Robinson as Winston, Michael Cera as Lewis, and Katherine-fuck-Heigl as Dana. If that happens, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Submitted by ChaosWeaver on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 12:33pm.
DavidFullam's picture

Regrettably, if and when it happens, that may be the cast.

Submitted by DavidFullam on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 12:54pm.
Vanvance1's picture

Translation: We are unable to come up with a fresh take on the story or anything that could possibly add to the existing mythology. Still, we know there's an opportunity to make money here so we'll make a cheap copy of the original with a lot more CGI, some popular faces and a few hip references. We'll collect nostalgia dollars and rope in the new generation who haven't seen any movies made before 2007.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 3:40am.
bulldawgwv's picture

without same cast it has too be reboot, but I love to see the old guys in a sequel

Submitted by bulldawgwv on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 2:19am.

Great. A fucking remake. There is NO Billy Murray in modern comedy today. Name whatever hip comedian you want, but there's only one Bill Murray. Fucking Reitman.

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 09/25/2012 - 7:59pm.

Vince Vaughn, sadly, is the closest I think anyone could come to resurrecting Venkman. I would throw Will Arnett and Joel McHale into the mix, but they both come across as too cocky, even for Venkman.

Murray was great at playing guys who were wise-cracking, wannabe playboys on the surface, but he always played it in a way that it seemed like there was more to the character. And I don't know anyone who could match his subtle facial expressions.

Jonah Hill doesn't even make a kick-ass Jonah Hill. The only character I'd want to see him play is Louis, just so I could watch his faux-nerd ass get zapped or slimed.

Submitted by addeisdead on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 4:16pm.

Vince Vaughn? Seriously? He's not even suited to fill Joe Piscopoe's shoes.

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 4:20pm.

Like I said, sadly.

I realize he's gotten bloated and has been phoning it in lately. However, if we're looking at actors who have the same slightly disinterested/smart aleck energy, Vaughn has it. Or at least did have it, back in the Swingers days.

Anyway, I'm not saying he could replace Murray, just that looking at all the available options, Vaughn at least fits the character's mold.

Who would you pick, if you had to?

Submitted by addeisdead on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 6:19pm.

The eighties are over bro! Time to move on! Jonah Hill is going to kick ass as the new Pete Venkman!

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 2:34am.

Don't call me bro, son. And I'm not a forty year old clinging to shreds of the eighties hoping Lea Thompson makes a comeback, I'm talking about the remaking of a good movie. Decade has nothing to do with it. As the kids say, don't be hatin.

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 2:42am.

I think it's a piece of fluffy antiquated swill personally. They could make it way better with fresh faces and a CGI Zuul!

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 2:48am.

That's too bad. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. Could be good, I dunno.

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 2:53am.
Rottenjesus's picture

But you have no problem with remakes of other classic movies that you don't like. Interesting.

So...how was that Total Recall remake anyways? You never did chime in on it since it bombed at the box office and all.

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 1:19am.

"Haw haw, because box office is equated to quality haw haw, I so got you Terminal! Note, how I can quote box office numbers by going to Box Office Mojo for free. I'm clearly an insider."

Check and mate!

Don't worry, Zeppo, if I ever do manage to give an opinion about the Total Recall remake it won't be to you.

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 2:46am.
Rottenjesus's picture

You're never going to admit it was a piece of shit because you hate the original classic.

Way to dance around the question, Ellen.

Yeah, you won't give your review because you're expecting to get paid for it? Hell, if AICN rejects your crappy reviews then your opinions mean about as much as your website which no one visits.

So yeah, check and mate indeed. Get back to me after you write more WALKING DEAD fan fiction.

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Wed, 09/26/2012 - 3:36am.