The Curse of Chucky Now Casting!

The Curse of Chucky Now Casting!The wait is over! Finally a new film starring everyone's favorite "Good Guy" is on its way, and you can read up on the first details of what to expect when he comes back to cast The Curse of Chucky on his hapless victims! Hidey ho!

MovieHole reports that Curse of Chucky, which will be written, directed and produced by Chucky conceiver and recurring franchise director Don Mancini, will begin shooting in Winnipeg, Canada, in September.

Brad Dourif is, of course, back to voice the role of the killer doll. Main characters in the film include heroine Nica; Barb, Nica’s older sister, a manipulative, controlling cow that nags her handsome husband, Ian, and 5-year-old daughter, Alice; and Jill, the “smokin’ hot” nanny that’s sleeping with Ian. There are also fun supporting characters like a meddling priest, who will come face-to-cross with Chucky, and of course, the deceased woman, mother Sarah.

In this new film, which is being produced for DVD, Chucky arrives to wreak havoc within a family that’s regrouped for a funeral. In the wake of her mother’s passing, a young woman – in a wheelchair since birth – is forced to put up with her sister, brother-in-law, niece, and their nanny as they say their goodbyes to mother. When people start turning up dead, the fearless Nica discovers the culprit might be a “strange doll” she was sent a couple of days earlier.

Even better? With this entry there's said to be a lot more emphasis on making the series scary again. We're sure Chucky will be getting in his trademark humorous digs, but it'll be nice to see a more frightening take on the character.

Find your friend to the end in the comments section below!

Source: MovieHole

James Coker's picture

IM BACK GUYS!!! did you all miss me :) hahaha just kidding, I was gone for a week acting in a micro-budget Horror-Comedy Feature Film shot on VIDEO!

but anyway about chucky...I offcourse Loved the first film,and I actually really liked the second film and Bride. for this new film I have to say that I am happy it won't be a remake, happy it will try to be scary and just happy to see Chucky again :) regardless if its going straight to DVD

Remember guys Trick R Treat, Hills Run Red and Wrong Turn 2 all went to dvd

Submitted by James Coker on Sun, 06/24/2012 - 11:09pm.

Ok so this is like a remake but yet its going straight to DVD. I have a feeling this will be worse than Seed Of Chucky. I think its cool Brad Dourif is doing the voice once again, but already the original Childs Play sounds better. I was never really scared of Chucky, but the first half of the film where You dont see Him speak and He has that blank doll face, I thought it was creepy. I wont get My hopes up, but I suppose Ill check it out only because of Brad Dourif.

Submitted by JB Demented on Sun, 06/24/2012 - 10:28pm.
Tshoffie's picture

Oh yay just what we need another stupid childs play movie.....dont we have to many remakes and reboots and sequels as it is...i say fuck chucky he has his day in the sun...go Support original films such as Abraham lincoln Vampire hunter and end these stupid remakes... i Truly do feel sorry for this generation of so called horror fans...yes every blue moon a good film comes around but for the most part they get remakes and reboots and crappy sequels...gone for the most part is any intelligence and orginality and thats friggen sad...i am so glad i grew up in the last golden age of horror..but im pretty upset that i had to live to see a slew of mindless remakes

Submitted by Tshoffie on Sun, 06/24/2012 - 8:42am.
Vanvance1's picture

Hello Captain Ignorant,

Had you seen the last two Chucky films you'd realize that the franchise was not repeating itself but had instead chosen a bold and entertaining new direction. I understand that black comedy and satire often falls flat with those 'who just don't get it' (there are countless twits who call Monty Python 'stupid'). Adding satire to the horror genre is unusual and desireable.

The Child's Play series has been unusually fresh and is certainly deserving of another film.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Sun, 06/24/2012 - 2:18pm.
Jinx's picture

Vanvance -

I know that it's physically impossible for you and I to high-five on this page.

But, uh...wanna give it a shot anyway?

Submitted by Jinx on Sun, 06/24/2012 - 2:39pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I'm slapping the air as I type (one handed).

This is one franchise that's far from tired.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Mon, 06/25/2012 - 12:27am.
Jinx's picture

Whap! High-five complete!

I really enjoyed the first three films, but I love Bride and Seed. Here's hoping Uni decides to throw some more cash at Curse and release it theatrically.

Submitted by Jinx on Mon, 06/25/2012 - 12:55am.

Yay! You guys are celebrating over loving movies involving a hermaphrodite killer doll and two dolls fucking! You are better than us!

Fuck off with the "dont get it" nonsense. I love Monty Python and black comedy. Doesn't change the opinion of mine that the Bride and Seed movies are pure utter brain dead trash.

I'm hoping this movie focuses on only Chucky and tries to retain its horror roots.

But then again I'm not a highfalutin gent like you guys.

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 06/25/2012 - 4:18am.
Jinx's picture

Terminal - ease up on the bile, bro. I never personally said I was better than anyone ('cause I'm not), nor do I endorse the ''you just don't get it'' defense of movies.

Rather, it was just nice to see somebody else who enjoyed the series as much as I in the midst of all the hate. And while I do find it a bit of a head-scratcher that somebody would find Bride and Seed ''braindead'', I assure you that I am hardly highfalutin' (great word).

Submitted by Jinx on Mon, 06/25/2012 - 12:46pm.
Vanvance1's picture

Thank-you for recognizing your inherent inferiority.

Watching all of the Child's Play movies I came to realize that while the first was a creepy, quirky slasher the second and third were predictable slashers that happened to feature a cool puppet.

Bride and Seed changed directions and the writer embraced the absurdity of a killer doll and ran with it. The movies exhibited imagination and freshness you don't usually find in a 4th or 5th installment of any series.

Black comedy can easily be a valid approach to horror; or would you like to piss on Evil Dead 2 as well?

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Mon, 06/25/2012 - 5:17am.

Yeah you're right it's not like there were loads of crappy sequels during the 80's or anything.

Submitted by will graham on Sun, 06/24/2012 - 12:55pm.

Wow I personally thought Bride and See were pure and utter garbage. I wouldn't actually mind a remake to approach this material with some creativity.

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 06/24/2012 - 1:38am.
Vanvance1's picture

Nice to see Mancini in the driver's seat again. Bride and Seed were both triumphs. I'd prefer another black comedy but I have faith that Mancini will deliver solid entertainment regardless of the tonal choice.

This is much better than a remake of the original.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Sun, 06/24/2012 - 12:23am.
LifeMi's picture

A Chucky sequel + direct-to-video = FUCK ME, I AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE NEAR IT!

Submitted by LifeMi on Sat, 06/23/2012 - 9:35pm.

Wow really didn't see this coming.

Submitted by will graham on Sat, 06/23/2012 - 8:08pm.
Jinx's picture

Hell yes! Loved Bride, and I really dug Seed. Here's hoping that minds change and this goes theatrical.

My only concern is that the plot seems to be more standalone, rather than following up the previous installment. Hopefully Curse will, at the very least, acknowledge Tiff and Glenn.

Submitted by Jinx on Sat, 06/23/2012 - 5:12pm.
aliensharkboy's picture

I completely agree! But like other's have said, it's cool to have Chucky on his own once again... let's hope it's decent!

Submitted by aliensharkboy on Sun, 06/24/2012 - 5:05am.