Universal Releasing the Original Halloween II on Blu-ray Along with the Best Special Feature EVER!

Halloween IIPlease ... somebody pinch us. This cannot possibly be true. No really, has Hell frozen over or something? Dig this, kids! You're in for a real treat!

Universal announced today that they'll be releasing a 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray Disc of Halloween II on September 13th ... but wait! There's more. Warning: Go and grab your tissues now. You WILL be expelling bodily fluids.

According to The Digital Bits, not only is the flick hitting Blu-ray on that date, but it's actually going to have supplemental material including an alternate ending and ... are you ready?

The badass 1984 documentary Terror in the Aisles will be included!! We're not sure what the bigger news is here! Oh, happy day! Somewhere right now Heather "The Horror Chick" Wixson is doing the Rapid Electric Slide of Mirth and Vigorâ„¢ along with millions of other fans around the world!

More on this as it comes! Holy shit!

Terror in the Aisles: Universal Releasing the Originall Halloween II on to Blu-ray Along with the Best Special Feature EVER

Do the happy dance in the comments section below!

Source: The Digital Bits

Great special feature! I plan to get this.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 07/01/2011 - 3:09pm.
PrairieGhost's picture

Can't wait for this one!

Submitted by PrairieGhost on Fri, 07/01/2011 - 9:45am.
Shambling_in_Bandages's picture

The Blu-ray format continues its ongoing mission to give older movies really shitty artwork.

Submitted by Shambling_in_Ba... on Fri, 07/01/2011 - 5:31am.
James Coker's picture

guys Guys GUYS! I'm just as happy as all of you BUT! will the Halloween 2 blu-ray have the Deleted Scenes that are in the TV Version?

Submitted by James Coker on Fri, 07/01/2011 - 1:26am.
Vanvance1's picture

Including the documentary is a good move by the studio.

These days I'm feeling somewhat unenchanted about the idea of paying for the same thing multiple times.

i.e. I bought the VHS tape, I bought the DVD and now I buy the Blu Ray.

That means I continue to pay for the same content repeatedly. The more I think about this the more unfair it seems.

Music and movie studios continue to milk us as if we're deaf and dumb cows and I'm starting to MOO with discontent.

Now they want to move to cloud based content meaning they own everything and we pay any time we want to access it.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Thu, 06/30/2011 - 11:08pm.
kiddcapone's picture

Best...news...in a long time. I've been banging the drum for Terror in the Aisles for a looooong time and I love Halloween 2 almost as much as the first film. Good times ahead..

Submitted by kiddcapone on Thu, 06/30/2011 - 11:06pm.
nonserviam03's picture

I just pooped a little bit.

Submitted by nonserviam03 on Thu, 06/30/2011 - 10:47pm.

Sweet! No longer will our Halloween Blu-rays be lonely!

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Thu, 06/30/2011 - 10:24pm.