A much longer look at what’s in store for “Grimm” fans during the second half of the show’s sophomore season (which includes a pretty great recap as well) has come in along with TV Guide’s list of five things we should know before the series returns with Episode 2.13 on March 8th.
1. Rosalee is back: When actress Bree Turner gave birth to her son last fall, her character, Rosalee, took a break from the spice shop to take care of a sick aunt. “My aunt is fine now. She’s healed up,” Turner said.
2. The captain unmasked: Isn’t it enough that Nick (David Giuntoli) found out that Renard (Sasha Roiz) was romancing his girl, Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch)? Our hero will also learn about the captain’s royal background. “It’s going to be a powder keg,” Roiz told critics at “Grimm”‘s winter TV previews on Sunday. Giuntoli added that in the “big, angry kerfuffle… he has a height advantage on me, but I have a rage advantage on him.”
3. Adalind continues to annoy: “[Adalind becomes] bitchier beyond my wildest dreams,” Claire Coffee said about her Hexenbiest antagonist. She also revealed that she read up on psychopaths to get into character, who has it out for Nick. To illustrate Adalind’s unsentimental side, Coffee added, “She doesn’t much care what happened to her cat.” (The cat was killed off-screen when it was hit by a car earlier this season.)
4. Monroe confronts Renard: Nick’s right-hand Wesen also uncovers the captain’s Hexenbiest hybrid side.
5. Help for the lovelorn: With Rosalee’s return comes hope for Juliette’s unwanted passion for Renard. Turner said, “I do come back to Portland just in time… in regards to Juliette’s condition and all that stuff.”
“Grimm” is inspired by the classic Grimm Brothers’ Fairy Tales. After Portland Homicide Detective Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli, Turn the Beat Around) discovers he’s descended from an elite line of criminal profilers known as “Grimms,” he increasingly finds his responsibilities as a detective at odds with his new responsibilities as a “Grimm.”
With help from his confidants, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner, The Ugly Truth) – both reformed Grimm creatures, Nick must help those closest to him while still facing off against all manner of ancient evils, including royal lines dating back to the original profilers themselves, the Grimm Brothers. As Nick develops his ability to harness his inner Grimm, he begins to question what he once knew.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Keep a grimm outlook in the comments section below!