Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will hit consoles in March 2013 for Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Gamers will once again be able to hunt down the fiercest monsters in the jungle–dinosaurs! Read on to learn more and to watch the brand new Wii U trailer!
From the Press Release
The popular action RPG franchise Monster Hunter returns to Europe and North America with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate launching on Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Players take on the role of a hunter and are sent to explore a settlement within the Monster Hunter universe, completing quests on their journey to seek and slay monsters while improving their skills and earning equipment upgrades. With many challenging monsters and over 200 quests the latest edition to the series is set to be the most expansive offering to date.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate utilizes the functionalities of the Wii U console and Nintendo 3DS system to provide players with a truly intuitive hunting experience. The touch screen feature of both platforms allows players to quickly access in-game books, weapons, field maps and mini games while the high quality graphics of Wii U and 3D visuals of Nintendo 3DS powered by the latest iteration of Capcom’s MT Framework deliver a unique and stunning world for players to explore. Taking advantage of the portability of Nintendo 3DS, players can exchange their guild card that contains all their hunter’s information with other players via StreetPass.
Players can experience the world of Monster Hunter alone or in four player local play using Nintendo 3DS. Finding nearby hunters to adventure on quests with is now even easier via the local Nintendo 3DS search feature. Wii U players will be able to enjoy the hunt with Nintendo 3DS players via a local wireless connection. Gamers that own both a Wii U and Nintendo 3DS can take advantage of the inter compatibility of save data between the two consoles, taking the hunt from the living room wherever they go.
- Expansive Monster Hunter world – equipment and weapon upgrades, challenging monsters and over 200 quests to tackle make this latest offering the most expansive in the series so far
- Utilize the Wii U and 3DS functionalities – The touch screen feature of both platforms provides easy access to in-game books, weapons, field maps and mini games
- High quality HD resolution and 3D visuals – The beautiful world of Monster Hunter, powered by Capcom’s latest iteration of the MT Framework, appears visually stunning and unique for players to enjoy on both Wii U and 3DS format
- Don’t hunt on your lonesome – Connect with up to three friends in four player local play via the Nintendo 3DS or online via the Wii U. Wii U players can also link up with Nintendo 3DS players over a local connection
- Search for fellow hunters! – Use the local 3DS search feature to find other hunters in your location
- Take the experience with you wherever you go – Share your save data between your Wii U home console and the Nintendo 3DS, allowing the Monster Hunter experience to be truly portable
- Meet your companions – Never feel alone in the vast world of Monster Hunter with the aid of your two companions, Cha-Cha and Kayamba, who will assist you on your quests
- Exchange your information – Share your guild card with fellow hunters via the Nintendo StreetPass function
You can visit the official Capcom website to learn more about the game.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Hunt monsters in the comments section below!