Rob Zombie on His Tour and His Next Movie

It's been pretty quiet lately on the cinema front for rocker turned filmmaker Rob Zombie, and with good reason -- his latest album (which is all kinds of good) Hellbilly Deluxe 2 is out, and the man is busy making sure his tour burns up every venue that it visits.

With several movie projects on the table like T-Rex, Heavy Metal, and of course The Blob kicking around, our buds over at Bloody Disgusting caught up with the very busy performer for a quick update.

"I haven't started pre-production on anything," says Zombie. "I can't really do pre-production on a movie until I'm 100 percent free to do that. The tour is about the tour. About the only thing that I can do on a tour that's movie related is work on a script when there's down time, but that's it. So that's probably what I'll be doing. I don't know what the next movie is [laughs]—which is kind of driving me crazy. I'm not really sure what to focus my attention on at the moment, I've got four or five different projects that I'm so scattered between."

Click on the interview for a bit more, and look for Zombie and company across the country on his "Gruesome Twosome" tour with the godfather of horror rock, Alice Cooper.

Rob Zombie on His Tour and His Next Movie

Pick your next project in the Dread Central forums!

And a damn funny on too.

Submitted by jma05 on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 4:59pm.

Sorry Terminal didn't mean to call you out on that. I too was being sarcastic. The Zombie bashing just gets on my nerves.

Submitted by jma05 on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 5:07pm.

I apologize for the Einstein comment.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 5:12pm.

Is it gonna be 2034 in ten years? WOW! Time sure flies. Let it go people. He's gonna make movies, if you don't like don't see them. I don't watch Romance movies. Why? Because I'm sure I won't like them. Same logic people, why waste time on something you hate so much?

Submitted by jma05 on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 4:17pm.

That was the joke, Einstein. If you don't like my comments, don't read them. Same logic. Weird, no?
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 4:22pm.

Oh by the way H2 did suck ass.

Submitted by jma05 on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 4:20pm.

Very good Rob. Focus on your tour for the next ten years. And then get back to making movies around 2034. Sounds like a good plan. Thank goodness this tour is taking his free time up that would be otherwise spent on a bad movie.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 04/25/2010 - 8:24pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

Yeah because House of 1,000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects were such horrible fucking movies compared to all those brilliant and horrifying movies that were coming out at the time. I don't care what anyone says the PG-13 rating means damn good horror. Fuck R rated movies.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 9:30am.

If your best argument in favour of his movies is that they're rated R, then that just about says it all, doesn't it?

Submitted by G.D. on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 2:34pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

Give me a fucking break.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 2:36pm.

Brilliant retort, sir. Brilliant.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 2:44pm.

Yeah, he always manages to perpetuate the horror movie fan stereotype to a tee.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 2:36pm.

Hahaha, so yeah since PG-13 crap was coming out, Zombie's garbage is automatically great by default because it's rated R and gory. Who says horror fans don't have any brains, right?
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 9:55am.
FireRam's picture

Odd. I really didn't like "House of..." that much. But, I did really like "The Devils Rejects".

"Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiseled on your tombstone."

Submitted by FireRam on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 10:08am.

"Devil's Rejects" was fucking great and doesn't hold up to repeated viewings, but it's still a good movie. It's a fluke for Zombie for sure. And it's not exactly a horror movie. More a gore filled road film like Bonnie and Clyde meets Tobe Hooper or something.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 10:14am.
FireRam's picture

I remember I tried to watch "House of..." a second time. Give it another shot. I couldn't get through it the second time. Just couldn't get into it. I've watched "Devils Rejects" about three times now and get a kick out of it still. Loved the end.

I like the picture of Rob up above. Is that what happened to him after a few loyal fans of the HALLOWEEN franchise ran across him once they viewed his H2?

Submitted by FireRam on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 10:57am.

Nope that's what happened when he broke the news to that idiot Sheri that he wouldn't be casting her in his next movie.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 2:31pm.
FireRam's picture

LOL
Zombie and T.Woods gettin' beat up by their wimmins. Sad.

Submitted by FireRam on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 2:38pm.

Yep yep. He may make the dough but she wears the pants. It's obvious.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 2:44pm.