Troma's Lloyd Kaufman Talks Potential Remakes

Troma's Lloyd Kaufman Talks Potential RemakesWith everyone remaking everything nowadays, is it really a shock that filmmakers would be looking to the wellspring of flicks put out by Lloyd Kaufman's ever so indie and slightly unhinged company? Nope. Not at all.

With Darren Bousman's remake of Mother's Day already on its way, Kaufman revealed to Arrow in the Head that he's in negotiations to have a few more of Troma's staple films remade.

"Right now there's some people who want to remake Poultrygeist, so I'm sort of negotiating with them right now," he explains to the site. "There's been sort of a new interest because the Toxic Avenger is being remade and Mother's Day is being remade, now a lot of these big time producers are coming to us. And even The Class of Nuke 'Em High..."

Good on you, Lloyd. Hollywood's appreciation is long overdue.

Get toxic in the Dread Central forums

Poultrygeist was awful. I'm not saying Hollywood could make it better, but toning down some of the terrible attempts at crude humor would be great. Great premise for a movie but terrible execution.

Submitted by AngryChairr on Tue, 03/30/2010 - 3:30pm.
Vanvance1's picture

Poultrygeist was brilliant! Did you know what you were getting into when you slipped the disc into your player? It's a Troma movie. It's supposed to be as rude and crude as possible and that is FUCKING AWESOME!

Every year Hollywood releases dozens of supposed comedies for the gentle Judeo/Christian easily offended crowd. Watch those.

P.S. Hell yeah, remake every damn Troma movie, I'll ignore them all. But I'll cheer when Kaufman has more money to provide more entertainment for those of us who dig Troma.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Tue, 03/30/2010 - 6:50pm.

Wow. Judgmental much, ass. I knew what I was getting into. I've seen the Toxic Avenger, Terror Firmer, and a bunch of their other films. Poultrygeist just wasn't funny. There's a smart way to do dumb/crude/tard humor. Troma's even accomplished it before. Poultrygeist wasn't it.

Submitted by AngryChairr on Tue, 03/30/2010 - 8:01pm.
Vanvance1's picture

It was a normal response to someone posting a message that sounded like a politically correct little girl.

If you're not one I apologize for the assumption.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Tue, 03/30/2010 - 9:20pm.

Or, reading comprehension skills would be nice. I wasn't criticizing the crude humor but rather the bad attempts at it.

Submitted by AngryChairr on Wed, 03/31/2010 - 7:47pm.

Why remake Poultrygeist? It was great the way it was. Ugh, Lloyd you prick.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 03/30/2010 - 2:59pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

Fuck yeah! Poultrygeist already? How about WWIII?

Where's Gus? We Need More Chickens!!!!!

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Tue, 03/30/2010 - 2:58pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

If Andy Deemer wants to do biz with me again I would be delighted. But I don't think that's in the cards. I really liked working with Troma.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Wed, 03/31/2010 - 7:59pm.