Ray Wise Offers Jeepers Creepers 3: Cathedral Update

Ray Wise Offers Jeepers Creepers UpdateEver hear the saying "slow and steady wins the race"? Well, that's how news surrounding the third film in the Jeepers Creepers franchise has been coming forth. This latest tidbit comes from the last man to tango with the Creeper ... Ray Wise.

Bloody Disgusting recently caught up with the actor, who had the following to offer hungry fans:

"It begins right where the second one ended, right there in that barn with the Creeper on the wall and me the old man waiting there with my harpoon gun. The script for 'Jeepers Creepers 3' is complete," Wise tells BD. "They're in pre-production planning now. I'm hopeful that sometime in the next two or three months we'll get a start date...[MGM] definitely want[s] to do it, and it's just a matter of putting together all the final financing I believe...I think it's gonna be a go in a couple of months."

More as it comes.

Sniff things to find your prey in the Dread Central forums.

James Coker's picture

though i have been with this site for a few years now, I am still new to commenting on it....Mr.Creepy I bet the "Salva Debate" goes one quite alot whenever Jeepers Creepers is brought isn't it...No Offense to my fellow horror bretheren, "the Horror Fan's 'Arguments' are filled with more passion then any other "fan"

Submitted by James Coker on Sun, 03/21/2010 - 3:59am.

IMO, those people who want to 'forgive and forget' the abusers in this world tend to be those who do not have kids themselves. Personally, if someone laid a finger on my boy I would kill them - no ifs and buts - I would find out who they are make sure they never breath again! Although Salva created one of the best screen monsters in recent years, nothing changes the fact that he abused a minor, and although he 'paid' for his crime let's not forget that the abused tend to continue 'paying' for the rest of their lives through guilt, fear, self-loathing etc. Sure, give Salva the chance to have a career, but he equally deserves to be forever reminded that despite his success, he molested a minor and this is something he should ensure never, ever happens again!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 1:46am.
Floydian Trip's picture

It might be easier to forget if every one of his movies weren't filled with homo-erotica centered around teenage boys. He flaunts that shit almost like he wants to convert people.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 1:51pm.

Convert in to what? People don't convert to homosexuality. And people don't convert in to pedophiles. They are from the start. And no homosexuality and pedophilia don't go hand in hand, so as always, your argument is pointless.

Focus on Ray Wise.

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 6:18pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

First this isn't about Ray Wise. It's about Jeepers Creepers. Reading Comprehension wasn't your stong subject in school was it? Second him being a homosexual I don't have a problem with. It just kind of gets to me when he starts raping innocent little boys. I'm sorry that it doesn't seem to bother you. Apparently around here being a child molester is a forgive and forget type of crime while piracy is an unforgiveable sin. I think people need to get their fucking priorities straight.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 6:33pm.

Oh Floydian, your insults are as flat as your arguments.

Ray Wise is discussing Jeepers 3, not Salva.

And he actually didn't rape a little boy, he engaged in oral sex with a minor which he managed to tape. Still horrific, but not exactly rape.

Second, are you still on the whole piracy thing? Pathetic.

Either way, you still haven't confirmed what you mean by "Convert." Are you insinuating homosexuals have to be converted?

Do you still watch Woody Allen movies or Roman Polanski movies? Just curious.

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 6:37pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

You trying to trivialize how I feel about his crime is the only pathetic thing going on here. If it had been one of my sons, he never would have made it to trial. It's only oral sex though. It's not like that would scar a kid for life or anything. A couple of trips to the shrink and some anti-depressants and all is well. Fuck Terminal your attitude about this is frightening and I'm wondering if you're not a registered sex offender.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 6:51pm.

LMAO! Oh yeah I'm a sexual offender. That must be the only reason why I'd disagree with you, right? Missing the point, avoiding the argument, getting on your high horse. Oh Floydian, fun as always.

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 6:55pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

There is no argument. If you think forcing a little boy to suck cock is forgiveable than I think you're a dirtbag. End of story. There is such a thing as justafiable homocide but I've never heard of rape being acceptable. I can't tolerate it when it's a man raping a woman or woman raping a man but when it involves a defenseless child it should never be forgotten or forgiven. Someone commented on here they didn't know what we were talking about. Everyone should know Victor Salva is a child molester. I won't watch his movies, he won't get a dime from me and even if he were a gas station attendant as he should be right now I'd sooner run out of gas than go there. Just maybe if you had kids you'd understand but seeing as how your opinion is that it was only oral sex then I even doubt that. I don't just feel this way about Salva, it's all sex offenders. this is real life, not a movie and I can hardly watch it when it's just a movie.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 7:17pm.
LifeMi's picture

If I may put my two cents into this argument, I agree that Salva's crime was unacceptable and he should pay for it for the rest of his life. Same goes for Polanski, O.J. and Robert Blake (they're guilty as far as I'm concerned). However, I don't allow that to factor in to whether or not I'll watch their movies. Once again, I like Salva as a filmmaker to a point and hope that JC3 will be a good one.

Submitted by LifeMi on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 8:35pm.

Good argument, LifeMi. I'm at no point saying to forgive and forget. If my son or nephew experienced a situation like that with a grown man, I'd kill the son of a bitch. But the fact is I try to separate the artist from the person, both of whom are hardly ever the same entity. Allen had an affair with his adopted daughter who at the time was underage. Is he disgusting? Sure. But that doesn't mean his movies aren't incredible to sit through. If we spend all our time pointing fingers at someone for being an awful person, we could definitely miss out on amazing art a la Polanski. The man did a horrible thing, but his movies are fantastic.

But this argument has been done to death. Whenever Polanski and Salva are brought up, there's a humongous argument that follows it that is both unnecessary and hilarious.

I voiced my opinions, I won't waste any more of my time arguing with a moron who accuses me of molesting children for simply arguing that this whole article is very much a non-issue.

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 9:17pm.
LifeMi's picture

Well said, Terminal. I also try to separate the filmmaker from the individual. I get where FT is coming from, though.

Submitted by LifeMi on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 9:58pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I'm more concerned with the victims. Both my exwife of 18 years and my current gf of 4 years were victims and trust me they never got over it or forgot it. It very much impacts their lives every single day. They don't get to have a normal life but I'm sure Salva doesn't let it bother him when he's making a movie and lining his pockets so I can't seperate the man from the movies. They don't deserve that much respect.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Sun, 03/21/2010 - 10:58am.

PelusaMG, for one I don't seek to forgive Salva, I seek to separate the artist from the man. If I got on my high horse and swore off directors I wouldn't watch Polanski, or Woody Allen's work. And Two I have two little nephews, so I can definitely sympathize for people whose children were victims of the crime.

But the topic of the article is about Ray Wise. Last I checked he didn't molest anyone. I could be wrong. He has a weird look to him.

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 1:48am.
frank_dracman's picture

Ray Wise touched me....

Submitted by frank_dracman on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 6:39pm.

I'm sure he had reason to. Never argue with Wise.

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 6:48pm.

Fair point T... The article is about Ray Wise, and I too believe one should separate the man from the 'act'. But it does make my blood boil when people start the old 'forgive and forget' routine! Thanks for your sobering opinion, as ever.. :)

Submitted by PelusaMG on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 2:18am.
James Coker's picture

perhaps somebody posted the movie on youtube terminal

Submitted by James Coker on Sat, 03/20/2010 - 12:46am.
James Coker's picture

Terminal i would do something about clownhouse immediately because the dvd got Recalled awhile ago and it's selling for 55 to 80 dollars online

Submitted by James Coker on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 7:10pm.

Fuck that, then. I want to see it, but I'm not desperate to.

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 7:18pm.
James Coker's picture

OK did anybody actually have or seen "Clownhouse", it's probably one of the most effective clown movies out there, and TERMINAL i am right there with you, I loved the first jeepers Creepers, it's always in my top 20/40/100 horror whatever lists, the 2nd one i hated, But The creeper is a cool character and i would love to see more of him

Submitted by James Coker on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 6:34pm.

Never saw "Clownhouse" but I will try to sooner or later.

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 6:39pm.
Gareth Jones's picture

"Clownhouse" is a seriously creepy flick.

Submitted by Gareth Jones on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 7:48pm.

You're not helping! I want to see it more now.

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 7:54pm.

Loved Jeepers Creepers, did not like Jeepers 2 too much, but I'm definitely going to give this a chance. The Creeper is a cool character and this story can go to new big places if they have enough creativity.

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 5:47pm.
DavidFullam's picture

It's been so long that I'm sure Salva has graduated to adult men instead of teenage boys.

Submitted by DavidFullam on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 5:28pm.

I obviosuly missed something here because I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Anyways I didn't like the first JC, thought the second one was just ok so I'm not getting my hopes up for this one.

Submitted by thedarkestshadow on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 3:15pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

I know this thread will eventually be a Salva is a pervert/Salva paid his debt to society thing but at the end of the day I've enjoyed the JC films...yes, even the second. I like the Creeper as a monster. It will be interesting where they take it.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 3:02pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I think it's disgusting to even see stories about his movies. He didn't pay nearly enough for his crime. Ask that boy if he feels Salva payed for his crimes. Murderers aren't even as bad as guys like him. Their victims are dead but this boy has to live with it for the rest of his life.

I feel the same way about Polanski but you haven't covered him yet. Still what Salva did was even worse. He was the director, it was his film, the kid probably thought he had to do everything he said.

Neither one of them should still be making movies and money.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 2:48pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

This guy has commited the most heinous crime imaginable but it's somehow OK and forgivable? Or is everyone just too busy condemning people for piracy?

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 2:27pm.