Predators - Badass Behind-the-Scenes Video and More!

The first official footage from Nimrod Antal's Predators debuted online today over at the official newly launched Predators website, and the fun's just starting!

The new site features a teaser poster, a look at a "Predator Hound", and finally the full synopsis. If that isn't enough, there's even a special behind-the-scenes clip that you can dig on below. The site also teases a March 18th launch for the official trailer so stay tuned. Dig it! Look for the film in theatres July 9th.

Synopsis
"Predators, a bold new chapter in the Predator universe, shot under the creative auspices of Robert Rodriguez, stars Adrien Brody as Royce, a mercenary who reluctantly leads a group of elite warriors who come to realize they've been brought together on an alien planet... as prey. With the notable exception of a disgraced physician, they are all cold-blooded killers - mercenaries, Yakuza, convicts, death squad members - human "predators" that are now being systematically hunted and eliminated by a new breed of alien Predators."

Predators - Badass Behind-the-Scenes Video and More!

Predators - Badass Behind-the-Scenes Video and More!

Predators - Behind-the-Scenes
Uploaded by dreadcentral. - Full seasons and entire episodes online.

Hunt your way through the Dread Central forums!

Floydian Trip's picture

Dead End is the best damn thing with Predators in it since the original. The score alone kicks more ass than Predator 2 and the AvP movies combined. It's also got an Alien, Batman and the deceased Andrew Koenig as The Joker. I don't know anything about it other than that it's a fan film but always wanted to know how they got the costumes.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Mon, 03/15/2010 - 12:54am.
FireRam's picture

This does look very f ing cool. Let's hope there is some decent character development so we give a shit when someone gets knocked off. I remember the first you had time to like/dislike/root for/root against the main core of characters. I never thought the indian was going to get killed off and when he did I was like aw F.not him. Damn. So.......
Lawrence Fishburne though? Whatever.

Submitted by FireRam on Sun, 03/14/2010 - 4:30pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I always expect Fishburne to start quoting Nietzsche. I loved all the characters in the first one. They were a bunch of badasses who could kick ass and chew bubble gum and take a bullet and spit it out without flinching. They swore alot and told dirty jokes. That aspect has been lost. Hope it makes a come back in this one.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Sun, 03/14/2010 - 4:38pm.
FireRam's picture

Agreed. They were f ing badass. I just remember having feelings for who made it or not. Like I said about the indian. Also, I remember not liking Carl Weathers character but through the movie he had gained redeeming qualities to where I hoped he made it out with Arnold. When he got killed off I had an "aw shucks" moment lol. I do hope they go back to the badass gum chewing bullet spitting fellas we loved in the first just as you stated, but get us to feel something for them individually before we see them getting ripped the f apart lol.

Submitted by FireRam on Sun, 03/14/2010 - 4:45pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

Totally agree with that. Weathers' character was a sleazeball at first, typical government type, but once they figured out what kind of situation they were really in he changed. I totally cared about all of them. Which has been lacking in Predator since. Maybe they don't have to be quite the badasses they were in the first but yes, character development would be great. Predator needs to be more than just putting a guy into a suit. Because that's just not enough.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Sun, 03/14/2010 - 5:06pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

You ever see Arrested Development? When they brought up Carl Weathers acting class you see a quick edit of the scene from Predator when he gets his arm sliced off. In context I laughed my ass off.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Sun, 03/14/2010 - 10:43pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I never watched Arrested Development. I heard nothing but great things about it but TV just isn't my thing aside from a very few shows. I can't remember any particulars from that scene either. Think I'm gonna have to watch Predator tomorrow and refresh my memory.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Mon, 03/15/2010 - 12:28am.
Floydian Trip's picture

Looks pretty damn badass. I'm a skeptic. It seemed like nobody ever understood what made the first as incredible as it is. Lawrence Fishburne doesn't fit to me though. It's easier for me to accept Adrien Brody as a badass motherfucker.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Sun, 03/14/2010 - 2:20pm.

Does Rodriguez ever do wrong?

Submitted by PelusaMG on Sun, 03/14/2010 - 10:40am.

The Spy Kids movies, Sharkboy and Lava Girl, Shorts, Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 03/14/2010 - 3:22pm.
Rob's picture

I liked Once Upon a Time in Mexico, but to each their own. It was also the only movie I could stand Eva Mendes in.

Submitted by Rob on Sun, 03/14/2010 - 3:54pm.
FireRam's picture

I liked it also...but it was somewhat jumbled.

Submitted by FireRam on Sun, 03/14/2010 - 4:26pm.

I was so excited to see it when it came to theaters and halfway through wanted to murder Rodriguez. It's such a nonsensical mess it's embarrassing to sit through. Rodriguez should have ended that trilogy on a high note.

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 03/14/2010 - 4:06pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

Yes, not often though and from the looks of it not with Predators.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Sun, 03/14/2010 - 3:13pm.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

Holy crap this looks pretty cool. Methinks that revealing the 'Predator hound' is a bad move as that'd be something I dunno, COOL to experience when watching the movie.

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Sat, 03/13/2010 - 10:26pm.
Rottenjesus's picture

GOOD LIGHTING! THIS MOVIE IS GONNA RUUUUUULLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!1111111111!!11111!!11!!!!!!!

*cough*

Seriously though, this does look promising.

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Sat, 03/13/2010 - 10:15pm.