Resident Evil: Afterlife Coming 2010 After All

Good news for Resident Evil fans! The fourth film in the series, Resident Evil: Afterlife, will be making it to theatres this year instead of 2011 as previously reported.

According to STYD "things are back on track for Resident Evil: Afterlife to be released not on September 24th as originally slated, but two weeks earlier on September 10th!"

The recipe is simple -- just please give us zombies and monsters causing chaos in 3D. That's all we ask! *crosses fingers*

Official Synopsis:
In a world ravaged by a virus infection, turning its victims into the Undead, Alice (Milla Jovovich) continues on her journey to find survivors and lead them to safety. Her deadly battle with the Umbrella Corporation reaches new heights, but Alice gets some unexpected help from an old friend. A new lead that promises a safe haven from the Undead takes them to Los Angeles, but when they arrive, the city is overrun by thousands of Undead and Alice and her comrades are about to step into a deadly trap.

Resident Evil: Afterlife Coming 2010 After All

Don't wear much in the Dread Central forums!

I'm a fan of both the video games, and the movies. And even though Milla Jovovich isn't that great of an actress, hey, she tries a lot better than some people.

The way I keep myself from getting irritated with the movies is I just look at them as a fanfiction from the video games. So hopefuly they'll just reboot the franchise and actually have them try to follow the games. But in the meantime, I'm fine with what they're doing.

Submitted by CoFfan88 on Tue, 01/19/2010 - 2:44pm.
Slipknotfan87's picture

These Movies are awsome...If ya'll think u can do a better job at making one of these movies...I'd like 2 c it! & for the record Milla Is A Wonderfull actress!!!!

Submitted by Slipknotfan87 on Tue, 01/12/2010 - 11:20pm.

Wow. For once I don't have a comeback.

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 01/12/2010 - 11:54pm.

God I can't stand Milla Jovovich. She plays the same characters over and over and when she's doing something new the bitch can't act to save her life. I can't understand why these movies have such a hard on for her. I hope when this series ends that we get a reboot that has something to do with the games.

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 01/12/2010 - 6:30am.
Rorschach's picture

PROTIP: She's the baby mama of the director Paul WS Anderson. Hence why the entire franchise is now the Milla Power Hour and hence why the NEXT Resident Evil is going to have a fucking ARMY of Milla clones.

This storyline is a pile of shit, as are ALL the movies in this franchise. What's an even BIGGER shame is that Anderson HAD a whole franchise's worth of storylines right there in the video games that he could have simply adapted and put on the screen. But he decided to fuck around and take and established series with established characters and plot points and "do his own thing" with it. Sometimes, that can be a good thing, but it's NOT in the case of RE. Basically, that's akin to making a God of War movie, and reducing Kratos to a ten second cameo while you focus the rest of the film on one of your "original" characters....and then making three more movies without Kratos at all, but still called God of War.

Submitted by Rorschach on Tue, 01/12/2010 - 2:48pm.

I had NO idea about Milla's involvement with Anderson. It all makes perfect sense now.

The storyline is rather idiotic I agree. The storyline just keeps straying farther and farther from the actual source material. There's not even a house anymore.

For shame.

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 01/12/2010 - 3:53pm.
Rorschach's picture

Don't get me wrong; Milla is a gorgeous lady and from all accounts, a sweet gal. But this series is in DIRE need of a reboot by someone who A)Knows what Resident Evil is supposed to be about and B)who isn't engaged/married to the lead actress.

These movies have about as much to do with RE anymore as they do with Super Mario Brothers.

It's never a good sign when a damn second rate animated feature does the material better than you, and you've had FOUR fucking tries at it.

Submitted by Rorschach on Tue, 01/12/2010 - 2:03am.
Gareth Jones's picture

I actually thought Resident Evil: Extinction managed to eke out a little bit of the feeling of the games' mythos, hence it being the only one of the series I'll willingly watch.

The second, throwing in Nemesis etc. really just felt like a strained, apologetic attempt at getting on the good side of those who rightfully thought the original was a massive shit in the face of the fans.

As you say, though, the whole ongoing mythos that Anderson has made for the films doesn't fit, so I don't see the new one being any kind of "pill" for fans - he's never going to give us what we want. As far as faithful adaptations go, the Resident Evil franchise is fucked. "Extinction", for all it's worth, is probably the best we're going to get outside of the animated features (and the animation in "Degeneration" was fucking shocking, if you ask me).

Submitted by Gareth Jones on Wed, 01/13/2010 - 12:31am.
elric300's picture

Milla, Zombies, 3d...

I believe the phrase...I AM SO THERE applies.

Submitted by elric300 on Mon, 01/11/2010 - 5:07pm.