Danielle Harris Lands Lead in Hatchet 2

That's right, kids, you read the headline correctly! We've just gotten word that everyone's favorite final girl Danielle Harris has landed herself the lead in Adam Green's upcoming and highly anticipated sequel Hatchet 2.

Harris will be taking over the role of Marybeth that was first brought to the screen by Tamara Feldman. Danielle brings with her not only a tremendous amount of genre cred but also the acting chops to really take Marybeth's tortured plight to a brand new level.

"The first Hatchet film was my love letter to the shit I watched growing up," Green tells us. "The sequel is my love letter to the fans who supported Hatchet and made it what it was. Bringing Danielle in is a perfect example of us trying to do everything bigger and better than we did in the first film. She's is not only a bona fide star and terrific actress, but she's also a really good friend of lots of us here in the Hatchet family. Danielle has played the scream queen/damsel-in-distress role before. With this movie we're gonna see her be out for blood and REALLY fuck people up. We couldn't be more excited to have her aboard and to start bringing on the gore."

Music to our ears! Look for more casting announcements and other goodies soon!

Danielle Harris Lands Lead in Hatchet II

Swing your hatchet high in the Dread Central forums!

The Buz's picture

Good to see all that making out with Adam Green paid off! -- I kid! I kid! LOL

Submitted by The Buz on Fri, 12/04/2009 - 8:38pm.

Why do people like the original? It was just another bad, overly jokey post-Scream mess. Was it the tits and the blood? Because that's all I ever took away from this film, or rather, why people claimed to like it.

Submitted by AngryChairr on Fri, 12/04/2009 - 7:54pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

Yummy! She's a bite-sized treat.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Fri, 12/04/2009 - 3:39pm.
Blockbuster's picture

Uhhh...*I* have been highly anticipating it, and that pic is HOT.

Submitted by Blockbuster on Fri, 12/04/2009 - 11:44am.
moderator Me too! And yeah, Danielle
Debi Moore's picture

Me too! And yeah, Danielle is indeed a little hottie - love the pic!

Submitted by Debi Moore on Fri, 12/04/2009 - 1:06pm.
Rottenjesus's picture

Me three! More Victor Crowley is a damned good thing!

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Fri, 12/04/2009 - 2:40pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

Yup! I'm not a huge slasher fan but I liked Hatchet.

And Danielle Harris is a hot little number.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Fri, 12/04/2009 - 3:58pm.
The Unknown Murderer's picture

Well, I'll watch this now!

I was thinking of Hack/Slash and how that movie has yet to be made. Who would make a good Cassie Hack, I wondered...well, Danielle would make a great one, after I saw this pic.

Submitted by The Unknown Murderer on Fri, 12/04/2009 - 11:27am.

Highly anticipated? By whom?

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 12/04/2009 - 3:51am.
LifeMi's picture

I've had little to no interest in Hatchet 2 until now. Makes me want to watch the original, something I've yet to do.

Submitted by LifeMi on Thu, 12/03/2009 - 10:40pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

Cool. Looking forward to a sequel even if I feel the first one is fairly overrated.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Thu, 12/03/2009 - 10:33pm.