UPDATE: Hardware DVD & Blu-ray Art Surfaces

The artwork for Richard Stanley's long sought after film Hardware has finally surfaced, and we kind of dig the minimalist approach even though, once again, there was nothing wrong with the original artwork to begin with.

For those of you who have never experienced the goodness that is Hardware -- Dylan McDermott ("The Practice", Dark Blue) stars as a post-apocalyptic scavenger who brings home a battered cyborg skull for his metal-sculptor girlfriend. But this steel scrap contains the brain of the M.A.R.K. 13, the military's most ferocious bio-mechanical combat droid. It is cunning, cruel, and knows how to reassemble itself. Tonight it is reborn ... and no flesh shall be spared.

This two-disc set is all region and lookin' pretty sweet! Here's a look at what sorts of supplemental materials await us:

• Uncut Uncensored Version!
  • DD 5.1 Audio
  • Anamorphic Widescreen
  • Audio Commentary with Richard Stanley
  • Sea of Perdition - Short Film
  • Making-of Documentary
  • Early Super 8 Version of Hardware
  • *UPDATE* -- Today we got our hands on the Blu-ray art:

Hardware Blu-ray Art Surfaces

AITH scored the exclusive first look at what to expect in terms of eye candy when the film hits DVD on September 29th!

Hardware DVD Art Surfaces

This is what you want ... this is what you get in the Dread Central forums!

aidsdick666's picture

I think this new art is FAR SUPERIOR to the original artwork!! The VHS cover art SUCKED. The UK poster art looks like a dated sci-fi paperback... THIS is stunning.

Submitted by aidsdick666 on Tue, 08/04/2009 - 8:50pm.
    Vermithrax's picture

Pfft....I think the art looks awesome. I'm a huge cyberpunk fan (Tetsuo is probably my favorite film ever), so I'm dying to see this!

Submitted by Vermithrax on Tue, 08/04/2009 - 12:32pm.
    Matt Serafini's picture

I like the art too. Not nearly as cool as the original artwork, but what can you do? I've got the Blu-ray on pre-order already.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Tue, 08/04/2009 - 7:45pm.
    Matt Serafini's picture

That's a really good way to put these smaller DVD companies out of business.

The stuff they're releasing already applies to a niche audience and when that audience refuses to purchase because of something small like the cover, well ... it just seems silly.

Afterall, it's still fucking HARDWARE!!!!!!!!

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Tue, 08/04/2009 - 10:55am.

Well, I'm not putting that ass-ugly thing on one of my shelves. I'm still very interested in rewatching the film in its correct aspect ratio and also in the special features so that's why I'm putting it right at the top of rental queue.

Submitted by Caterpillar on Tue, 08/04/2009 - 3:34am.
    Shambling_in_Bandages's picture

But surely the DVD spine is the only thing you will see on your shelves?

Submitted by Shambling_in_Ba... on Tue, 08/04/2009 - 6:47am.
    American Werewolf's picture

I haven't seen this since it premiered oh so many years ago on HBO. Looking forward to catching this on DVD.

Submitted by American Werewolf on Mon, 08/03/2009 - 8:59pm.
    Rottenjesus's picture

Are you kidding? I could care less about the cover, it's fucking HARDWARE!

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Mon, 08/03/2009 - 5:21pm.
    moderator That's what I'm saying.

That's what I'm saying.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 08/03/2009 - 5:44pm.

That "artwork" is beyond terrible. It's so incredibly bad I will rent this instead of buying it.

Submitted by Caterpillar on Mon, 08/03/2009 - 4:02pm.