The Final Destination Officially Taking on H2?

Ever since it was announced that Halloween 2 and The Final Destination would be released on the same date of August 28th, 2009, it was thought one of the two films would most likely change its release plans. The smart money was on FD4 conceding, but if the RealD branded poster is any indication ... folks, we are ready to rumble!

A new, dated poster for The Final Destination came online today, and as you can see from the bottom of it, the date is still very much set. Who knows if this will change, but being that this poster is now official, it's kind of unlikely.

So what's it gonna be, horror heads? One or the other or both? Let us know which side you're on below!

The Final Destination Officially Taking on H2?

Put up your dukes in the Dread Central forums!

FD4 FOR THE WIN!!!! THE BEST HORROR FRANCHISE ALONG WITH SAW FOR THE 2000's!!! screw H2. It will suck balls.

Submitted by SaladFingers on Wed, 06/24/2009 - 1:34pm.

FUCK BOTH THESE MOVIES!!!!!

There I said it.

Submitted by Kane86 (not verified) on Tue, 06/16/2009 - 2:33am.
moderator Here's a better question ...

Here's a better question ... if you are gonna see both -- which do you watch first? Are you expecting to save one to use as a proverbial palette cleanser?

Me? I'm H2 first, FD4 second.

Oh what a Dinner for Fiends that's gonna be!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 8:34pm.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

I will probably screen H2 the minute it comes in, then watch FD4 at the Midnight with the crowd.

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Tue, 06/16/2009 - 3:29pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

I'll see H2 in the morning. Get the disappointment out of the way first. FD4 will be a blast to see with a crowd.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Tue, 06/16/2009 - 11:56am.
Doc Block's picture

I'll be seeing both in a double feature, but I think FD4 is gonna rock and I literally have no hope for H2.

Submitted by Doc Block on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 8:28pm.
xy marla's picture

I'm all for FD43D. I'll do a double feature and check out both, since that's how I do, but I'm rooting for FD all the way to put RZ in his place, which is hopefully no longer behind the camera.

check it! www.dannyisnthere.com

Submitted by xy marla on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 6:33pm.
Permafrost's picture

H2 is where I'm putting my money. FD4 looks interesting enough, but not enough to get me excited.

Submitted by Permafrost on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 5:29pm.
The Buz's picture

I love the FD movies so I'm totally in for this. H2 I will not bother with.

Submitted by The Buz on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 5:05pm.
moderator I have to admit, I'm rooting

I have to admit, I'm rooting for FD4. Not because of my dislike for what I've seen of H2 either. I actually think H2 looks so far out there that its a damned near must see.

But because the FD series (with the exception of the lame part III) has always been fun. With Ellis back at the helm and the 3D effect thrown in it could very well be one hell of a good time.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 4:59pm.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

I thought 3 was MUCH better than the first one. 2 is still the best, though.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 8:22pm.
moderator Really? 3 over the original?

Really? 3 over the original? Wow. I do agree the Ellis helmed 2 is still my favorite and being that he's back for 4 just gives me the warm fuzzies!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 8:33pm.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

3 at least had interesting kills and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Part 1 was so fucking stupid that my brain hurt. Water changing paths? A dumb fuck lead character who picks up a bloody knife and holds it while standing over a woman who was just stabbed. That movie was terrible.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Tue, 06/16/2009 - 12:32am.

I have no interest in seeing any of the FD films. If I wanted to see see death screwing with some teens, I'd rather watch "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey"... (*Cue guitar riff*)

Submitted by PelusaMG on Tue, 06/16/2009 - 10:53am.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

You know if anyone would have told me a year ago that I would be this against a Halloween film, I would have though they were crazy. But here it is we are two months and some change away, and I don't see anything positive about H2.

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 5:37pm.
krawlingkhaos's picture

How about neither; I'll stay home and watch "Let the Right One In" again instead.

But this seems really daft, unless New Line has picked up on all the H2 hate and thinks it can lure people to see this instead.
The $64,000 question is: can the fourth film in a mediocre franchise presented in 3-D overcome the deep-seated desire to be the first up on the boards to confirm the forgone conclusion that H2 sucked hard?

I guess only time will tell.

Submitted by krawlingkhaos on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 4:35pm.

On myspace, Rob Zombie confirmed that his reimagined sequel to Halloween will also be shown in 3D. Audiences nationwide will experience celluloid fecal matter thrown at them for 96 minutes of excrutiating boredom.

Submitted by gorebath on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 4:31pm.
moderator Greatest. Post. Ever.

Greatest. Post. Ever.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 4:56pm.
LMAO
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

LMAO

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 4:37pm.
moderator Maybe he could go 4D and

Maybe he could go 4D and have the smell of dried hobo-urine pumped into theatres every time Mike is on screen!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 5:00pm.

Nothing will help this masterpiece-ofshit. Rob reimagined the wrong fucking franchise, and to have his skankwife(who cares if she's hot) play a fucking vengeance ghost whateverthefuck is like stepping on Akkad and Hill's grave/memory.

Submitted by gorebath on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 5:14pm.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

Actually IMO, I think it would be more appropriate to say Pissing on Akkad and Hill's grave/memory.

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 5:21pm.

I try not to use profanity.....my bad.

Submitted by gorebath on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 5:25pm.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

RealD and Smell-o-vision could "possibly" improve this film.

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 5:06pm.

Judging from all the backlash towards what we have seen of Zombie's flick, and the lurv shown to FD:4, I would suggest that someone at Dimension do some re-thinking!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 4:30pm.
no doubtabout

no doubtabout it.........backlash is only the beginning.

Submitted by gorebath on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 4:54pm.
ZOMBIEFRIENDS's picture

FD4 Hands Down!

Submitted by ZOMBIEFRIENDS on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 4:28pm.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

I wouldn't see Zombie's abortion if my eyes were Clockwork Oranged.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 4:18pm.
JohnnyHorror30's picture

This could be the first time in history I go to the theater and see both movies back to back.

I Am What I Say I Am Rated R [JohnnyHorror]

Submitted by JohnnyHorror30 on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 4:06pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

FD 4, no question.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Mon, 06/15/2009 - 4:02pm.