Christopher Lloyd Hired On as Piranha Expert

Christopher Lloyd joins Piranha remakeOur man on the scene in Lake Havasu City, Roger Galloway, has reported in again from the set of Piranha 3D, this time with some very cool casting news: It seems everyone's favorite mad scientist, Christopher Lloyd, is joining the project.

Roger told us and Bloody Disgusting that Lloyd will be portraying a piranha expert known as Goodman. If you missed any of our other recent stories or didn't yet check out the latest stills, be sure to hit the above link to Dread Central database for the film.

Look for Alexandre Aja's Piranha 3D in theatres March 19, 2010!

- Debi Moore

Wonder what name will pop up next in relation to Piranha 3D in the Dread Central forums!

Heather Buckley's picture

I love Christopher Lloyd.

Submitted by Heather Buckley on Wed, 05/13/2009 - 12:25am.
Gus Bjork's picture

Okay, this puts it over the top. I want to see it.

Although it probably will f-up any freshwater swimming for me for another decade.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Tue, 05/12/2009 - 7:29pm.
moderator Funny you should say that,
Debi Moore's picture

Funny you should say that, Gus. It's really hard for me to get Creepy to go swimming in lakes or streams now -- I have a feeling after this flick comes out, it'll be impossible.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Tue, 05/12/2009 - 7:32pm.
PelusaMG's picture

"It's really hard for me to get Creepy to go swimming in lakes or streams now."

Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crjx44pVh0M

Submitted by PelusaMG on Wed, 05/13/2009 - 12:16am.
Gus Bjork's picture

I was on the swimteam in high school. Nearly qualify (back in the day) as a lifeguard. I live in Minnesota for cripes sake. 10,000 lakes. You're either in the water or walking on ice. Jaws, Tentacles. No problem. But that goddamn scene in Dante's Pirahana with that girl we all liked getting drug down by a thousand of those little biting mouths ruined all that.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Tue, 05/12/2009 - 7:57pm.
PelusaMG's picture

Worried about piranha - think again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzWw7n6RbXM

By the way, in honour of this You Tube clip I changed my profile pic. I took that shot of a piranha in a zoo I visited recently in England. Next to the tank there was a sign that said piranha are not as deadly as people make them out to be. Yeah right... and the Pope's not a Catholic and George W Bush was a political genius!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Wed, 05/13/2009 - 12:10am.
Gus Bjork's picture

I know! I was at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago a few weeks ago and the signs on the pirahana were all downplaying them as voracious. I understand these are all very kid friendly exhibits but c'mon! Did nature give these fish huge razor teeth and superjaws to give light kisses and eat sea-cheese?

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Wed, 05/13/2009 - 10:18am.