Do you need any more reasons to get your asses to the upcoming Texas Frightmare Weekend show? Film festivals! Premieres! Celebrities! Dozens of vendors tables! And now a live auction to enable you to get your horror loving claws into a plethora of items from your favorite fright flicks and more!
The Texas Frightmare Film Festival and Texas Frightmare Weekend will run April 28–May 1, 2010. Passes and tickets are currently on sale online at TexasFrightmareWeekend.com.
From the Press Release:
Premiere Props announced today they will be hosting the Texas Frightmare Weekend Live Auction, featuring movie props and costumes from iconic horror blockbusters of today and yesterday.
From the bloodiest knife to the most splattered and ripped costume, the Texas Frightmare Weekend Live Auction has all of its Horror bases covered. Collectors can own Freddy’s hero iconic stripped sweater from “Nightmare on Elm Street” or Michael Myer’s knife from “Halloween II.” Director John Carpenter and the cast of the cult classic “Christine” will be on hand for a live Q&A and an autographed script will be available for bid. Bidders can even own a piece of Robert Pattinson, the star of massive vampire hit “Twilight,” by bidding on his costumes from his recent film, “Remember Me.” Fans can purchase swords, knives and shields from such films as “Halloween II,” “Resident Evil: Afterlife,” “King Arthur,” “Book of Eli” and “Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.” There will even be a chance to own a motorcycle from “The Book of Eli,” the hero car from “Halloween II,” a corpse from “Armored,” or the bloody and torn-up clothing from the upcoming film, “Piranha 3D.”
The live auction takes place on Saturday, May 1, at the Sheraton Grand Hotel in Irving, Texas (4440 W John Carpenter FWY, Irving, Texas 75063). There will be a preview from 11am – 1pm CST, before the auction starts at 1pm. The Texas Frightmare Weekend Live Auction can be seen on Premiere Props’ 3 camera LIVE broadcast show online. A donation from the auction will be made to the Entertainment Industry Foundation, one of the leading charitable organizations of the entertainment industry.
“This is the great opportunity for Horror fans to own a piece of their favorite films,” says Dan Levin, Vice President of Marketing for Premiere Props. “Fans can attend the Texas Frightmare Weekend and come away with an amazing souvenir from the Live Auction.”
Fans can also place live bids online at iCollector.com with the preview beginning April 18 at 9:00 am and the live auction starting at 11:00 am. For more information, please visit PremiereProps.com or call (310) 322-PROP / (888) 761-PROP. For more information on the film, please visit the official website.
The TEXAS FRIGHTMARE WEEKEND LIVE AUCTION will feature movie collectibles and props including:
• A Nightmare on Elm Street – Freddy Krueger’s (Robert Englund) very hero key screen worn, long sleeve, tattered at the edges, red and green wool sweater
• Jurassic Park – Limited edition boxed set of nine offset lithographic prints of the Jurassic Park dinosaurs. Each print has been plate signed by Crash McCreery and Stan Winston
• Christine – Leigh Cabot’s (Alexandra Paul) personal original shooting script
• Christine – Arnie Cunningham’s (Keith Gordon) original screen used dark red corduroy letterman jacket
• Planet of the Apes (1968) – Guard Ape’s screen worn, dirty, black leather like material with darker black horizontal stripes “Western Costume Co.” custom made vest with velcro front, fuchsia long sleeve shirt, fuchsia drawstring waist pants, and leather like material elbow length gloves. This costume was obtained from the world famous “Western Costume Co”
• Hannibal – Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) screen worn, short sleeve white with black prison code ‘B5160-8′ on the left chest “Hanes” t-shirt, and pleated white “EWC” pants
• Halloween II – Michael Myers screen used hero knife
• Halloween II – Laurie Strode’s (Scout Taylor-Compton) hero screen worn white hospital shirt and white hospital pants. Includes wardrobe tag
• Halloween II – Living Doll Prototype from Mezco Toyz. Rare bloody doll prototype for created for Rob Zombie and approved by him in order to go into production. Gray with red fake blood detail plastic doll head toy mold
• Poltergeist III – Tangina’s (Zelda Rubenstein) screen worn sterling silver with turquoise and intricate flower design squash blossom necklace
• Resident Evil: Afterlife – Alice’s (Milla Jovovich) green with dirty tan fur fold up hood, pockets in the front with a ‘APMNR’ patch on the left chest, military style jacket
• Resident Evil: Afterlife – Alice’s (Milla Jovovich) black nylon long sleeve with zipper in the back catsuit with buttons on the front for rubber chest piece
• Resident Evil: Afterlife – Chris Redfield’s (Wentworth Miller) screen worn, well worn, slightly dirty, navy blue ‘Vince’ thermal shirt
• Resident Evil: Afterlife – Alice’s (Milla Jovovich) hero bloody, silver painted wooden dummy katana
• Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark – Screen used wood chest to hold the Ark
• Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves – Screen used 6 foot cross
• The Box – Arthur Lewis’ (James Marsden) hero, screen used, rejection letter from NASA unsealed with stamps and rejection letter inside
• The Box – Norma Lewis’ (Cameron Diaz) hero, purple long sleeve dress
• The Book of Eli – Eli’s (Denzel Washington) bloody screen-worn brown “Redhead” long sleeve crewneck thermal
• The Book of Eli – Solara’s (Mila Kunis) screen worn hero tan “Body Glove” neoprene jacket, tan “Body Glove” neoprene pants, tan “Body Glove” booties, and black “SeaSkinz” neoprene-lined socks. Includes the wardrobe tag
• The Book of Eli – Eli’s (Denzel Washington) hero metal sword made of metal with a brown leather wrapped handle
• The Book of Eli – Screen used Bible pages. Includes 12 handwritten copied pages of the Holy Bible
• Remember Me – Tyler Hawkins (Robert Pattinson) screen worn, bloody at the top, green, cream and black plaid ‘Nine’ shirt, bloody cream ‘LNA’ t-shirt and black ‘Fashion Seal’ pants
• XXX – Xander Cage’s (Vin Diesel) screen worn for stunts, red, black, grey and black with built in buckle and rubber padding attached, ‘SHIFT’ down the sides ‘Motocross Apperal Co.’ pants with ‘Xander Stunt’ written inside. Includes certificate of authenticity from ‘Revolution Studios’
• 1,000 Corpses Captain Mask –Captain Spaulding’s (Sid Haig) autographed latex mask with holes in the eyes and ears, attached American flag miniature top hat. This is the official reproduction, autographed by Sid Haig
• My Bloody Valentine –The Miner’s (Rich Walters) hero dirty and torn blue “Dickies” jumpsuit. Includes wardrobe department tag
• King Arthur – Guinevere’s (Keira Knightley) brown painted wood with twine tied around the handle, and attached white string, 45″ archery bow
• Blood Creek – Evan’s (Henry Cavill) screen worn, dirty, etched black t-shirt (no size), green, brown “Carhartt” jacket and dark wash “Levi’s” denim jeans with button fly
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Start your bidding in the Dread Central forums