We’ve been talking about Corey Norman’s short film adaptation of Stephen King’s story Suffer the Little Children for a while now, and with the film about to screen at a few more festivals, Norman has given us the opportunity to debut its trailer.
Suffer the Little Children was directed by Corey Norman (The Hanover House, The Invoking 2, Monster World) and written by Haley Norman (Tickle, The Hanover House, The Invoking 2). King’s story was published in 1993 as part of his Nightmares & Dreamscapes collection.
The short follows the decline of an aging teacher, Ms. Sidley (Anne Bobby), who believes her students are being taken over by something evil. Bobby, best know for her role as Lori Winston in Clive Barker’s Nightbreed, has also appeared in The Hanover House, Born on the Fourth of July, and Happiness.
According to Corey, “So far the short film has played in several festival across the U.S. and Canada, winning Best Short and Best Actress (Anne Bobby) at the HorrorHound Weekend Film Festival this past September in Indianapolis, Indiana.”
Suffer the Little Children (review) will next appear at:
Days of the Dead Atlanta (Atlanta, GA)
2/5-7/2016 – Exact Screening Time TBA
Emerge Film Festival (Lewiston, ME)
4/28-5/1/2016 – Exact Screening Time TBA
For additional info visit Bonfire Films on Facebook.
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
- Mackey Would be awesome if Amazon or Netflix could save "The Exorcist" too
- One-Eye I remember it as being one of the better post SCREAM slasher movies. I certainly haven't watched it since then.
- One-Eye I kind of dig how Osment is just like "Yeah, I'm fat and have a big, bushy beard. And that's how I'm gonna stay now..."
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Comic Book Superheroes You Had No Idea Battled The PREDATOR
MY MONSTER Short Film Review: Izzy Lee Proves That Love Bites
SUSPIRIA Remake Rated R For Ritualistic Violence, Graphic Nudity, and More
Stephen King’s PET SEMATARY Remake Begins Filming!
Will Emma Roberts Return for AHS Crossover Season?
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Exclusive: Dinosaurs, Golden Retrievers, and PREHYSTERIA! Oh My!
Editorials5 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News2 days ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News4 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News4 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
News5 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
Drinking With the Dread6 days ago
Drinking With The Dread: A PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2 Double Down!
Reviews5 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News5 days ago
AHS Season 8 Officially Coven/Murder House Crossover!