Wizard World set its geek ray on KILL this past June 19th-21st and blasted all over Philadelphia for another year. With the cancellation of two of their conventions, we entered this year’s show hoping for a beefed up presence. Immediately, the absence of Marvel, DC, and Diamond Select was apparent and worrying. But that didn’t seem to affect the mood of the fans.
Per usual, they lined up through the convention center to meet their favorite comic book artists, chat with the best sculptors in the biz (The Four Horsemen), attack the vendors for killer deals, and take goofy pictures with those brave enough to show up in costume!
Highlights of the show for my crew…
1. Lori, feeling an impending attack from a Wookie, screams and runs off.
2. I purchased a Captain America gumball dispensing belt buckle that I will be wearing at the next Monster-Mania. The vendor warned “DO NOT EAT THE GUMBALLS IN THERE!!” as he was afraid I’d die. He repeated this 12 times. Obviously, he thought I’d get drunk and go for it.
3. Eileen buys little anime girls and excites the artists who demand she set them up on their table. Of course, she was wearing a killer dress and has legs up to her neck as well.
4. Pictures with Inappropriate Spider-Man
5. Spot The Four Horsemen, who are displaying the new Ghostbusters figures!! Coming soon from Mattel!
6. Lori uses her girl Jedi powers and tight-fitting top to get killer deals on comics. They never knew what hit them.
7. As we leave the convention center, we spot a woman in a super mini skirt and low-cut top pushing a baby carriage alongside her friend in a see-through skirt and top. Gotta love Philly.
Additional pics taken by FearWerx and Rigor Mortis Review
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Take a wiz in the Dread Central forums!