FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Woody Allen Fans?
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:21 pm  Reply with quote

zombiedudeman wrote:
I've only seen Take the Money and Run so far and I bought a copy of Manhattan at a Salvation Army a year ago but never got to watching it yet, I think I might just go do that later.

Take the Money and Run is hilarious. I loved it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hanzan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:55 pm  Reply with quote

I'm mostly a casual Allen fan. I've seen and liked Bullets Over Broadway, Matchpoint, Zelig and Everyone Says I Love You, but never really digged into his work.

Someday though... someday. Where would be good places to start?
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:09 pm  Reply with quote

Hanzan wrote:
I'm mostly a casual Allen fan. I've seen and liked Bullets Over Broadway, Matchpoint, Zelig and Everyone Says I Love You, but never really digged into his work.

Someday though... someday. Where would be good places to start?

Annie Hall
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Hannah and her Sisters
Take the Money and Run
Life and Death

I'd suggest those as a starter kit. And then you can extend from there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
flashback
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:12 pm  Reply with quote

Miss Wormwood wrote:
I like old school Woody Allen before he started taking himself too seriously. My favorites are Bananas, Sleeper and Love and Death. I showed Love and Death and Bananas to my fiance, who was only familiar with the Deconstructing Harry-era Woody Allen, and converted him. I think his exact words were, "Jesus, I can't believe he didn't use to suck. What the hell happened?" Sick Boy's theory, man, beautifully illustrated.

the woody allen movies I liked were annie hall and earlier. the only older one I liked was zellig.

a funny story.a supermodel was on howard stern a few years back,who was in one of allen`s movies, and was asked if woody`s wife(mia`s adopted daughter) was on the set. the supermodel said no.robin quivers said "it must have been a school day."

I find it interesting that everyone in the industry would say there was nothin wrong with what allen did to mia farrow.only howard stern,the guy consitered lower then slime, critized him.t all the "upright" hollywood celeberties said nothing.

zombies , they creep me out.

Last edited by flashback on Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
sonny gaunt
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:01 pm  Reply with quote

Annie Hall is his masterwork but I love Deconstructing Harry. I love the whole concept of writing family into your stories, then betraying them THEN thinking WTF are they upset with me for?