FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Street Fighter IV
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:54 am  Reply with quote

Just got the new Street Fighter yesterday. While it's super cool to see a classic brawler get a next gen makeover, I wish I didn't have such an insanely difficult time pulling off finishing moves. I feel like I'm trying to pull off difficult fatalities again. Supposedly the Mad Catz Fight Pad is much better than the 360 controller. Unfortunetly, I can't find a single retailer that currently has any.

Still, it's a great looking, fun game.
ajburton29
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:52 pm  Reply with quote

I think I will just play Street Fighter II instead.
Why do they have to make these fighting games so damn complicated?
When I play any of the recent Mortal Kombat games, I have to have a game guide the size of a phonebook sitting on my lap as I constantly pause the game and look down to see how to perform a move.
I read the Game Revolution review of Street Fighter 4 and it just looks complicated as fuck.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:43 am  Reply with quote

ajburton29 wrote:
I think I will just play Street Fighter II instead.
Why do they have to make these fighting games so damn complicated?
When I play any of the recent Mortal Kombat games, I have to have a game guide the size of a phonebook sitting on my lap as I constantly pause the game and look down to see how to perform a move.
I read the Game Revolution review of Street Fighter 4 and it just looks complicated as fuck.

Complicated? Not really. It all depends on how serious you want to get. The gameplay reminds me of the EX series. All the original guys are back, and besides a couple of new moves, they play like they did all those years ago. You can get far with the basic moves like Sonic Booms or Spinning Piledrivers, and if you're just looking to have fun there's a lot of game to be enjoyed at a casual level. Now if you want to take the time to learn all the new moves, reversals, timing and other nuances you need to hang with the big dogs there is a great training mode included. I for one had some fun with it, but I don't have the dedication or desire to learn all the tricks I need to go up against 12 year old Asian kids.
So go rent it. If nothing else, it sure is pretty.
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:30 am  Reply with quote

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix is all I need. Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DarkWaters
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:01 pm  Reply with quote

We play this game sometimes on b reak at work. I love u sing Balrog. The character with more stamina survive:)