FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Spider-Man Gets a New suit in the comic books
RingoJ
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:47 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 28514
Location: Flo-Town,Alabama

The elusive male camel toe?


I don't believe in them.
_________________
"Sigh. Malachi, Conan is a fictional character, Dungeon Masters are real, hard-working people..." - Chainsaw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
conundrum
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:43 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1022
Location: On... teh INTERWEB!!1!

Zombie65 wrote:
Copy cat! Confused Laughing


<-----------------


Actually, I believe it was Tony Stark who gave him the new suit. Which dovetails nicely with my theory that he will throw it away if he switches sides in the Civil War story line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZombiDead
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:03 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 630

Yeah Tony designed the suit for Peter.....

And the "Smart Arms" come from the back of the suit. Some sort of Nanotech I think......

I like the idea of Tony using the new suit to spy on Peter and him then tossing it and switching sides......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:50 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 8773
Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

I still say the whole "Civil War" is actually a plot by the supervillians to keep the heroes distracted while they fight amongst each other.

Of course, that's too easy of a plot twist, I guess.
_________________
Kate, Honey, I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Buz
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:24 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 3590
Location: Cow Palace.

Spidey isn't too happy with the reveal of his identity in Civil War 2, and he was already attacked by a guy calling himself "Captain America's number one fan."

I'm pretty sure that this will plant the seed of Spidey switching sides.
_________________
Insert that one line from that one movie from that one actor here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
~IC
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:40 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 386
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Atomic_Ilk wrote:
Spidey isn't too happy with the reveal of his identity in Civil War 2, and he was already attacked by a guy calling himself "Captain America's number one fan."

I'm pretty sure that this will plant the seed of Spidey switching sides.


Better than being bashed on the net by MagnoliaFan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Buz
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:14 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 3590
Location: Cow Palace.

~IC wrote:
Atomic_Ilk wrote:
Spidey isn't too happy with the reveal of his identity in Civil War 2, and he was already attacked by a guy calling himself "Captain America's number one fan."

I'm pretty sure that this will plant the seed of Spidey switching sides.


Better than being bashed on the net by MagnoliaFan.


He's a ball licker.
_________________
Insert that one line from that one movie from that one actor here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
conundrum
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:03 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1022
Location: On... teh INTERWEB!!1!

Okay, so I picked up the first issue of the new "Eternals" mini-series and was surprised that even this book was incorporating elements of the entire Civil War plot line.

Yeah, way off topic but I did not feel like making an entire new thread about Civil War.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZombiDead
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:36 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 630

conundrum wrote:
Okay, so I picked up the first issue of the new "Eternals" mini-series and was surprised that even this book was incorporating elements of the entire Civil War plot line.

Yeah, way off topic but I did not feel like making an entire new thread about Civil War.


Eternals #1 wasn't too bad.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
~IC
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:17 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 386
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

This huge summer cross over is good for comics. Might save comics really.

I find myself checking out books I wouldn't even look at before because of the Civil War cross over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:47 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 357
Location: Orlando, FL

I stopped buying comics 6 years ago, mostly due to crap art and the stories were mediocre at best. Then I heard about Civil War, Annihilation and with Moon Knight back in the spotlight I decided it's time to come back home to Marvel. It's a good thing I started to, Blade # 1, Ghost Rider #1, Zombie #1 of 4, and the Civil War finding its way to Frank in Punisher War Journal #1 are coming in the next few months.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marduk
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:03 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 904

Atomic_Ilk wrote:
Spidey isn't too happy with the reveal of his identity in Civil War 2, and he was already attacked by a guy calling himself "Captain America's number one fan."

I'm pretty sure that this will plant the seed of Spidey switching sides.



Spidey, Spidey.... He's such a dumbass sometimes. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:30 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 8773
Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

ZombiDead wrote:
conundrum wrote:
Okay, so I picked up the first issue of the new "Eternals" mini-series and was surprised that even this book was incorporating elements of the entire Civil War plot line.

Yeah, way off topic but I did not feel like making an entire new thread about Civil War.


Eternals #1 wasn't too bad.......


I've never been an Eternals fan, but I caught a splash of the Celestials done by JR Jr.

Wwwwwwow...
_________________
Kate, Honey, I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
conundrum
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:23 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1022
Location: On... teh INTERWEB!!1!

Chainsaw wrote:
ZombiDead wrote:
conundrum wrote:
Okay, so I picked up the first issue of the new "Eternals" mini-series and was surprised that even this book was incorporating elements of the entire Civil War plot line.

Yeah, way off topic but I did not feel like making an entire new thread about Civil War.


Eternals #1 wasn't too bad.......


I've never been an Eternals fan, but I caught a splash of the Celestials done by JR Jr.

Wwwwwwow...


Dude, the Gaimen cover is the shit.

And while I am loving the entire story of Civil War, I feel like the art is extremely hit or miss.

New Avengers and Spider-Man? I was very let down by the art. Civil War and New Avengers Illuminati? Quite good. Eternals is the only one whose art I think is really a cut above. But then again I did not check out the Annihilation arc, whose cover art looked very good (not Eternals #1 good, whose cover blew me away, but I just really like Gaimen's artwork). It is just too far in and I do not want to jump in at the end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZombiDead
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:06 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 630

Gaiman didn't do the cover, he just wrote the story.....

Rick Berry did the wide release cover, and there are a few variants........


The Berry one is bad ass though........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Out of Genre Experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum