FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Epitafios
horrorgirl
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:37 am  Reply with quote

http://www.hbo.com/epitafios/?ntrack_para1=leftnav_category0_show12

Has anybody watched this Argentinian show that is now airing on HBO? It's really great! It involves a ex-cop and a shrink who pursue a really twisted serial killer. It has a really good storyline, dialogue, acting and there is a good amount of gore in it. I could be called a mystery/suspense/horror series since it has elements of all three. There are a ton of suprises and plot turns that come totally unexpected and there were times in which I was really shocked by what happened.

It is on HBO On Demand right now. I am waiting for it to come out on DVD because I would really like to own it. It is in Spanish with English subtitles.
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:58 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

I caught a few bits and pieces here and there and thought it looked like my kind of show. Been waiting for it to come to On Demand. Thanks for the heads up!
joe kurtz
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:57 pm  Reply with quote

Hey ladies, I began a thread regarding EPITAFIOS on the old HC boards back in January when it was first showing on HBO Signature. It was/is one of the very best "long form" genre shows I've ever seen. I enjoyed each & every minute of it. There was , quite honestly, never a dull moment to it.
I only wish that it had found a home on HBO's flagship channel rather than their third tier one, so that it could have found a wider audience. It most certainly deserved it.
lostphrack
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:55 am  Reply with quote

I caught this show about halfway through it's initial run on HBO Signature earlier this year. Good stuff, I've just started to try and catch up with the earlier episodes this week.

Good stuff and I also wish that it hadn't gotten some more promotion from HBO, I just stumbled across it by chance myself.

Hopefully the second series will be brought the US eventually as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
joe kurtz
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:32 am  Reply with quote

lostphrack wrote:
I caught this show about halfway through it's initial run on HBO Signature earlier this year. Good stuff, I've just started to try and catch up with the earlier episodes this week.

Good stuff and I also wish that it hadn't gotten some more promotion from HBO, I just stumbled across it by chance myself.

Hopefully the second series will be brought the US eventually as well.

Have you heard for a fact that there is going to be a follow up?
I've been keeping an eye open for any news of a second season ( or a sequel, if you prefer... ) getting the "go ahead" & goinginto production, but the bulk of the sites that mention EPITAFIOS at all are in Spanish. Which, unfortunately, I can't read.
I've read rumors elsewhere as well regarding a sequel, but nothing "official" thus far.
Uncle Creepy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:23 am  Reply with quote
Pop Culture Icon

Expect a review of the DVD Box set soon!
lostphrack
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:58 am  Reply with quote

joe kurtz wrote:

Have you heard for a fact that there is going to be a follow up?
I've been keeping an eye open for any news of a second season ( or a sequel, if you prefer... ) getting the "go ahead" & goinginto production, but the bulk of the sites that mention EPITAFIOS at all are in Spanish. Which, unfortunately, I can't read.
I've read rumors elsewhere as well regarding a sequel, but nothing "official" thus far.

There was a Spanish language interview with a producer from the show floating around where he mentioned that there were plans for a second season. I just did a bunch of digging around though and also found an IMDB posting which says that it's being reported in Argentina that plans for a second season have fallen through due to problems between Pol-Ka's parent company and HBO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:10 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

Man, am I sorry I missed this when it was on the first time. I can't sing its praises enough. Buy or rent the DVDs -- you won't be sorry! For a sneak peek, check out my review. No spoilers I promise!
lostphrack
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:48 am  Reply with quote

Good review! I'm a bit saddened to hear that HBO skimmped on the extras in the US though. I guess we should just be glad that it even got a US release though. Blech. Ah well! Still, a good review for a good series.

It does seem to be something of a sleeper hit for HBO too. A lot of people missed it when it first aired, but those who have seen it seem to love it.

Oh.. and it's currently back on HBO On Demand as part of their Latino heritage programming.