FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Wolverine
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:52 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1256

Fireflyfan wrote:
Johnny Truant wrote:
Jean making stuff go boom isn't the same thing as actually have more presence in the movies.

She had more to do in X1 and X2.
.



I am shocked you believe that. Or not so shocked, seeing as it's you Wink

The ONLY thing she did in X2 was allow the x men to get away and die (hmm and the cure was a plot device....what was that then?)


No.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:55 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1256

Fireflyfan wrote:
Johnny Truant wrote:
Jean making stuff go boom isn't the same thing as actually have more presence in the movies.

She had more to do in X1 and X2.
.



I am shocked you believe that. Or not so shocked, seeing as it's you Wink

The ONLY thing she did in X2 was allow the x men to get away and die (hmm and the cure was a plot device....what was that then?)


Having a presence is not the same thing as blowing stuff up real good. No, the lifting of the plane is not the only thing she did. When a character is played as a character, they can do things like act, talk, interact with the other characters and things of that sort. In X3 she stands there. That's NOT having a presence. What part about that don't you get?

And for the record I never said anything about the cure being a plot device.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:04 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1256

And Fireflyfan keeps saying if Bryan Singer made the film that people would love it because we "suck his cock". I think that's very odd statement being as he so bravely tries to save the honor of Ratner. It's funny. Go look at the Superman thread if you think everyone loves Singer.

Oh and yeah if Singer made this movie it wouldn't be the same movie. They are two different directors. Ratner makes popcorn, hollow but enjoyable movies, and Singer makes FILMS.

Rush Hour is no The Usual Suspects in anyway shape or form. Singer is the superior director, and if you think that just because the third film in a beloved franchise based off a comic book series that has been getting loads of media attention for the past 13 years makes more money than a gritty crime noir at the box office, then you are really really delusional.

Seriously, don't bring up that box office bullshit again. You should KNOW better than that at this point. I mean really. It's like a small child touching the burner on a stove, ignoring that it's hot. Everytime you bring it up you get burned. You think just because it did so well at the box office that it is an incredible movie. If you think that it's better than the first two based on youer PERSONAL opinon, that's fine, but don't just sit there and post all over the damn internet that fanboys are stupid and love things just because other people love them, AND THEN have the nerve to say that a movie is good just because a bunch of people went to see it. I mean Batman Forever made more money than Batman and Batman Returns. But that sure as HELL don't make it better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilRex
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:36 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

I've listed many faults with X-Men and X2. Yet, despite those faults I have high regard with those films. I don't think Singer is god or perfect or whatever.

Stop coming on here with your false accusations that you have nothing credible to stand on. These discussions are getting us no where because you refuse to acknowledge another person's argument. That's debate. You don't have to agree, but you do have to understand where people come from.

Get off the ledge of believing people's dislike and criticism of X3 is based solely on Ratner himself. Time and again you've been shown to be way off base yet you keep going there.

The tables can easily be turned on you and say the same thing about you and your undying devotion to Ratner therefore you refuse to acknowledge anybody's criticism of his film(s).
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:01 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1256

It's sad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilRex
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:16 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

Has there been any info released as to who is producing "Wolverine" and who has been given the green light for script duties?

That may shine some light on what we can expect.
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ZombiDead
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:26 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 630

This is X3 related......

I'm not gonna try and find exact quotes from anyone because I'm drunk and don't feel like it but here is my two cents from what I remember reading:

Cyclops was royally mistreated in the first two movies by Singer. Instead of being a leader, he was a whining pansy. Still, rather than redeem the character, Ratner took the easy way out and just killed him.

Storm was wasted in all three movies. She never showed her leadership skills, or anything that made her interesting in the comics.

Whoever wrote the script for X3 took way too many liberties with the powers of well known mutants. Callisto doesn't have super speed, nor can she detect other mutants, Psylocke is a telepath, not someone who can walk through walls, etc. If you are going to include the characters, then please feel free to get them right.

If not on this board, then on another it was mentioned that Wolverine healed too quickly when he was scorched by Phoenix. In the comics, the more damage that is done to him, the harder his healing factor works. While it was way to quick, it was still somewhat accurate to the comics.

Also, not sure if it's from this board or another, but someone said that Magneto using the mutants as cannon fodder was out of character. It really wasn't. He knew it was a war and used the mutants as his infantry. You never use your biggest gun at the begining of a fight. That is why Phoenix wasn't unleashed until the end of the fight.

And Jean Grey could have been played by the Lotto Man Cardboard Cutout for most of the movie. She stood in one spot and looked angry. The character was pure power, and yet was a background element for most of the film.

Hopefully some of that makes sense......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
conundrum
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:35 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1022
Location: On... teh INTERWEB!!1!

ZombiDead wrote:
I'm drunk


I envy you.

ZombiDead wrote:
Also, not sure if it's from this board or another, but someone said that Magneto using the mutants as cannon fodder was out of character. It really wasn't. He knew it was a war and used the mutants as his infantry. You never use your biggest gun at the begining of a fight. That is why Phoenix wasn't unleashed until the end of the fight.


But if you look at it, he NEVER uses Phoenix. She just stands there the entire time Magneto is running the show. Then he is put out of commission and she goes apeshit. It is like Magneto never had plans on what to do with her powers. Or maybe he feared them. But anyway, he still could have busted up the front lines with his little flaming car trick then sent in the grunts. And the absolute "I do not give a shit that mutants are dying" attitude seriously was out of character. Yeah he has been willing to do what it takes to get the job done, but he has always maintained his humanity (you know what I mean). That is why Magneto is Magneto and Apocalypse is Apocalypse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZombiDead
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:41 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 630

conundrum wrote:
ZombiDead wrote:
I'm drunk


I envy you.

ZombiDead wrote:
Also, not sure if it's from this board or another, but someone said that Magneto using the mutants as cannon fodder was out of character. It really wasn't. He knew it was a war and used the mutants as his infantry. You never use your biggest gun at the begining of a fight. That is why Phoenix wasn't unleashed until the end of the fight.


But if you look at it, he NEVER uses Phoenix. She just stands there the entire time Magneto is running the show. Then he is put out of commission and she goes apeshit. It is like Magneto never had plans on what to do with her powers. Or maybe he feared them. But anyway, he still could have busted up the front lines with his little flaming car trick then sent in the grunts. And the absolute "I do not give a shit that mutants are dying" attitude seriously was out of character. Yeah he has been willing to do what it takes to get the job done, but he has always maintained his humanity (you know what I mean). That is why Magneto is Magneto and Apocalypse is Apocalypse.


He did fear the power of Phoeinx. It was his Atomic Bomb. He has always been willing to sacrifice the lives of mutants to attain his ultimate goal. He uses the Spock ideology of the good of the many outweights the good of the few.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
conundrum
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:07 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1022
Location: On... teh INTERWEB!!1!

ZombiDead wrote:
conundrum wrote:
ZombiDead wrote:
I'm drunk


I envy you.

ZombiDead wrote:
Also, not sure if it's from this board or another, but someone said that Magneto using the mutants as cannon fodder was out of character. It really wasn't. He knew it was a war and used the mutants as his infantry. You never use your biggest gun at the begining of a fight. That is why Phoenix wasn't unleashed until the end of the fight.


But if you look at it, he NEVER uses Phoenix. She just stands there the entire time Magneto is running the show. Then he is put out of commission and she goes apeshit. It is like Magneto never had plans on what to do with her powers. Or maybe he feared them. But anyway, he still could have busted up the front lines with his little flaming car trick then sent in the grunts. And the absolute "I do not give a shit that mutants are dying" attitude seriously was out of character. Yeah he has been willing to do what it takes to get the job done, but he has always maintained his humanity (you know what I mean). That is why Magneto is Magneto and Apocalypse is Apocalypse.


He did fear the power of Phoeinx. It was his Atomic Bomb. He has always been willing to sacrifice the lives of mutants to attain his ultimate goal. He uses the Spock ideology of the good of the many outweights the good of the few.......


And that is fair enough. But the comic book Magneto would not have thrown their lives away with complete indifference. It would be a necessary evil, not just another Tuesday evening. His comment would be more about how their sacrifice was not in vain than how they were fairly worthless to him anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZombiDead
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:24 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 630

conundrum wrote:
ZombiDead wrote:
conundrum wrote:
ZombiDead wrote:
I'm drunk


I envy you.

ZombiDead wrote:
Also, not sure if it's from this board or another, but someone said that Magneto using the mutants as cannon fodder was out of character. It really wasn't. He knew it was a war and used the mutants as his infantry. You never use your biggest gun at the begining of a fight. That is why Phoenix wasn't unleashed until the end of the fight.


But if you look at it, he NEVER uses Phoenix. She just stands there the entire time Magneto is running the show. Then he is put out of commission and she goes apeshit. It is like Magneto never had plans on what to do with her powers. Or maybe he feared them. But anyway, he still could have busted up the front lines with his little flaming car trick then sent in the grunts. And the absolute "I do not give a shit that mutants are dying" attitude seriously was out of character. Yeah he has been willing to do what it takes to get the job done, but he has always maintained his humanity (you know what I mean). That is why Magneto is Magneto and Apocalypse is Apocalypse.


He did fear the power of Phoeinx. It was his Atomic Bomb. He has always been willing to sacrifice the lives of mutants to attain his ultimate goal. He uses the Spock ideology of the good of the many outweights the good of the few.......


And that is fair enough. But the comic book Magneto would not have thrown their lives away with complete indifference. It would be a necessary evil, not just another Tuesday evening. His comment would be more about how their sacrifice was not in vain than how they were fairly worthless to him anyway.


True enough........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:21 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1256

Kurt Russell should play as Wolverine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZombiDead
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:01 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 630

For some reason, I'd like to see Kevin Pollack as Wolverine..........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilRex
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:16 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

I remmber when it was rumoured Glen Danzig would play Wolverine.

While I think Jackman does well as Logan, he's too "handsome" for the part. Logan is supposed to be an ugly little runt.
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kronos
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:22 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 153
Location: Freshly risen!

I think they should try to get Wolvie's height right in the next one. To do so, they should hire Warwick Davis. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 5 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Out of Genre Experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum