FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Best-cellars -> The mountain king
Tsrightthere
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:53 pm  Reply with quote

Now how could you foget this violent classic.
Copy and paste if you need to.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0843948876/qid=1151020314/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/002-7311992-3547224?s=books&v=glance&n=283155
joe kurtz
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:44 pm  Reply with quote

I've been meaning to get this one for a long time now.
I managed to miss it in bookstores when it originally came out a couple of years ago & haven't yet ordered a copy online 'cause I'm cheap & I've been hoping to find it in a used bookshop rather than having to pay for shipping etc.. No luck so far though...

I'm actually a longtime fan of Hautala's work, going all the way back to my picking up his debut novel MOONDEATH at my college bookstore during my freshman semester in 1980. Talk about dating one's self! LOL
joe kurtz
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:56 pm  Reply with quote

To be honest though, I haven't read any of stuff ( other than some of his short fiction in various anthologies ) in a long time. Probably about a decade.
After being a regular reader of all of his Zebra stuff for years, I believe the last thing I read of his was WINTER WAKE. After that, I recall trying to get into a couple of his later works, but giving up on them for one reason or another. Which is rare, because I'm usually pretty obsessive-compulsive about finishing books once I start them. But, in the case of the latter Hautala novels, I just couldn't "get into" them.
With regards to THE MOUNTAIN KING though, I'm intrigued by the plot & figure it's more than time to give the guy another shot.
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:03 am  Reply with quote

I enjoyed "The Mountain King". Great killer sasquatch novel. Check out Amazon's Z shops if you want to pick up a copy on the cheap. Mine was something like $2. Someone recommended "Dark Woods' by Jay Kumar at the other place a while back but I haven't picked it up yet.
Jack19
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:40 am  Reply with quote

When my debit card arrives in the next week or so my first act will be to order this and Where The Chill Waits another out of print horror novel that is suppoused to rock.