Terrifier Review Round-Up: The Critics Are SCREAMING!
As Damien Leone’s Terrifier is a Dread Central Presents title, we will NOT be reviewing it here, ESPECIALLY because the film speaks for itself… That being said, a host of other sites have been singing the film’s praises so we figured we’d put together a compilation of sorts to let the other critics and fans be heard.
Terrifier will be cutting a swath of carnage through theaters beginning TODAY so make sure you GET YOUR TERRIFIER TICKETS IN ADVANCE!
- Anthony Behind the Scenes – “Not for the Squeamish or For Children! Intense and Brutal! For Those That Love Horror I Cannot Recommend it Enough.”
- Fluffy The Vampire Slayer – “Art the Clown is a Potential Horror Icon”
- Zombies Don’t Run – “The Frontrunner for the Best Horror Film of 2018”
- Cryptic Rock – “The Ultimate Love Letter to ’80s Slashers”
- Halloween Daily News – “Terrifier is a Gleefully Gory Halloween Nightmare”
- Spoiler Free Movie Sleuth – “Art the Clown is Terrifying. He’s a Dangerous, Maniacal, and Utterly Silent Sadistic Killing Machine”
- Decay Mag – “There Was One Scene That Was Even Hard For Me to Watch. This is One of the Creepiest Clowns in Horror Cinema and in All Time”
- The 13th Floor – “Finally… !$&*%! FINALLY!”
- Hacked in the Head – “This is a Horror Movie Fan’s Worst Nightmare and Dream Come True All Rolled into One”
- Pop Horror – “Art the Clown is One Seriously Fucked up Dude. Normally, Clowns Don’t Bother Me, But This Guy is Flat Out Unnerving. Depraved!”
- Arrow in the Head/Joblo – “A Thrilling, Brutal, Gory ’80s Throwback”
- Film Fracture – “Art the Clown Makes Pennywise Look Like Bozo.”
- Infernal Cinema – “Brings Back Memories of the Blood Spill and Violence in the Likes of Golden Period Fulci Films.”
- Voices From the Balcony – “There’s One Kill in This Film That Made Me Nauseous.“
- Starburst – “The Effects Are Amongst the Bloodiest on Show I Have Seen!”
- BFI – “An Unapologetically ‘Pure’ Genre Entry, Confronting – and Amusing – Us With all the Sinister Masked Vicariousness of the Halloween Spirit!”
- The Slaughtered Bird – “Terrifier Serves as an Excellent Example of the Talent Working in the Indie Horror Field”
- Bloody Disgusting – “David Howard Thornton (Art the Clown) is Fucking Incredible”
- Modern Horrors – “Not Only is Terrifier an Instant Halloween Classic, It’s Required Viewing for Every Sick and Twisted SOB Out There. Watch it”
- Scream Horror Mag – “A Proud Shower of Blood and Guts That Will Be Enjoyed by Those That Like Their Horror to be Distressing and Disgusting.”
- The Farsighted – “Art is Out There Motherfuckers! No One is Safe!”
- Upcoming Horror Movies – “Pretty Damn Impressive and Even Cringe Worthy at Times”
- Cultured Vultures – “Watching a Movie Like This Reminds Us of the Real Power of Violence. Terrifier is in Many Ways Like an 80’s Slasher or a Saw Film that Doesn’t Have to Answer to a Ratings Board.”
- The Capitol Theatre – Cleveland, OH (Advance Tickets Here)
- The Nightlight Cinema – Akron, OH (Advance Tickets Here)
- Gateway Film Center – Columbus, OH (Advance Tickets Here)
- The Frida Cinema – Santa Ana, CA (Advance Tickets Here)
- FilmBar – Phoenix, AZ (Advance Tickets Here)
- Ark Lodge – Seattle, WA (Advance Tickets Here)
- Alamo Drafthouse – Littleton, CO (Advance Tickets Here)
- The Screening Room – Buffalo, NY (Advance Tickets Here)
- Row House Cinema – Pittsburgh, PA (Special Midnight Screening) (Advance Tickets Here)
- Alamo Drafthouse – Richardson, TX (Advance Tickets Here)
- Eclipse Theater – Las Vegas, NV (Advance Tickets Here)
- Montclair State University in Montclair, NJ (Ken Hanley hosted screening for students with special guests) (Advance Tickets Here)
Keep it locked right here and the official Dread Central Presents Facebook page for more info!
Terrifier stars Jenna Kanell (The Bye Bye Man), Catherine Corcoran (Return to Nuke ‘Em High), and David Howard Thornton (“Gotham”) as Art the Clown.
A maniacal clown named Art terrorizes three young women on Halloween night and everyone else who stands in his way! Not for the squeamish, experience what Bloody-Disgusting called “the scariest clown on screen,” if you dare!