With all the depressing news of late about kids having to contend with real-life monsters, we can take solace in the fact that the childhood horror that is “the monster in the closet” is finally about to meet its match at the hands of some monster-busting kids in the forthcoming feature Monsters at Large.
From Florida filmmaker Jason Murphy and screenwriter Anthony Steven Giordano, the duo behind the Robo-Dog movies, comes Monsters at Large. The PG-rated flick about children with an overactive imagination that form a task force to stop imaginary monsters only to encounter the real thing is slated for release on DVD and VOD via Lionsgate on March 13th.
Mischa Barton (“The OC”), Austin St. John (“Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers”), veteran character actor Stephen Tobolowsky, and The Florida Project’s Brooklynn Prince star.
Mischa Barton and Austin St. John highlight this frightfully funny family adventure in the spirit of Ghostbusters, Goonies, Super 8, and “Stranger Things.” Alex decides to end his kid brother’s nightmares by forming a task force to take care of imaginary monsters. When their business becomes a hit, nothing can go wrong… until one of the monsters turns out to be real – and really big! Brooklynn Prince and Stephen Tobolowsky also stars in this spooky, silly supernatural saga.
You’ll find the trailer for Monsters at Large above. You’ll also find the monster at large looks an awful lot like Sully from Monsters Inc.
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
- Mackey Would be awesome if Amazon or Netflix could save "The Exorcist" too
- One-Eye I remember it as being one of the better post SCREAM slasher movies. I certainly haven't watched it since then.
- One-Eye I kind of dig how Osment is just like "Yeah, I'm fat and have a big, bushy beard. And that's how I'm gonna stay now..."
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
THE FIRST PURGE Director On Bringing Real-Life Horror to the Series
Blumhouse’s UPGRADE Gets Claymation Poster Treatment
Bram Stoker’s SHADOWBUILDER w/ Rooker and Todd Hits Blu-ray in August
Fantasia 2018 Second Wave Films Include Blumhouse’s HURT
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Exclusive: Dinosaurs, Golden Retrievers, and PREHYSTERIA! Oh My!
Exclusive: Creepy Forest Monsters Gonna Creep in THE RAKE
Editorials3 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News3 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News3 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News6 days ago
Hulu’s CASTLE ROCK Will Be Filled With Stephen King Easter Eggs
News3 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
Drinking With the Dread5 days ago
Drinking With The Dread: A PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2 Double Down!
Reviews4 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News4 days ago
AHS Season 8 Officially Coven/Murder House Crossover!