Finally after years on the shelf JT Petty’s ultra-creepy S&Man (review here) is getting itself a DVD and Blu-ray release on October 12th courtesy of Magnet Home Entertainment.
To celebrate this event, a new red band trailer has been released, and you can dig on it below courtesy of Bloody Disgusting!
When cult horror favorite filmmaker JT Petty ventures into the dark world of the underground horror fetish film industry, things don’t exactly go as planned. As he begins to examine the classic comparison between filmmaking and voyeurism within the horror genre, he is introduced to a collective of what he believes to be either creative filmmakers just meeting the demand of their disturbed audiences or actual deviants and possibly murderers themselves. One of the most notorious of these film series that he comes across is called “S&MAN,” produced by a rather unassuming man named Eric. Petty digs into his subject Eric, trying to get him to reveal the names of some of the actors in his films who play the “victims”, but the deeper Petty prods, the more Eric begins to shut off. Eric passes off his lack of participation to not wanting to give away the illusion of his films by allowing access to those actors. Realizing that the real reason might be that these victims are not in fact actors, Petty finds himself in dangerous territory, making S&MAN the most unsettling horror film experience in years.
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
- Mackey Would be awesome if Amazon or Netflix could save "The Exorcist" too
- One-Eye I remember it as being one of the better post SCREAM slasher movies. I certainly haven't watched it since then.
- One-Eye I kind of dig how Osment is just like "Yeah, I'm fat and have a big, bushy beard. And that's how I'm gonna stay now..."
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
THE FIRST PURGE Director On Bringing Real-Life Horror to the Series
Blumhouse’s UPGRADE Gets Claymation Poster Treatment
Bram Stoker’s SHADOWBUILDER w/ Rooker and Todd Hits Blu-ray in August
Fantasia 2018 Second Wave Films Include Blumhouse’s HURT
HEREDITARY Officially Box-Office Hit
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Exclusive: Dinosaurs, Golden Retrievers, and PREHYSTERIA! Oh My!
Exclusive: Creepy Forest Monsters Gonna Creep in THE RAKE
Editorials3 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News3 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News5 days ago
Hulu’s CASTLE ROCK Will Be Filled With Stephen King Easter Eggs
News2 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
Drinking With the Dread4 days ago
Drinking With The Dread: A PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2 Double Down!
Reviews3 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News2 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
News4 days ago
AHS Season 8 Officially Coven/Murder House Crossover!