VH1 Gets Top Zombie Idol

Blair Butler to write & direct America's Next Top Zombie IdolThough I don’t have cable, I’m still a fan of “Attack of the Show” host Blair Butler from the few times I’ve managed to catch her on the boob tube. She’s got that geek chic thing going on, you know? So I guess that’s one reason to look forward to this idea...

STYD reports that Butler is getting ready to shoot a pilot for VH1 called “America’s Next Top Zombie Idol”, in which eight zombies will live together in order to compete for ... something. I mean, really, what’s important to a zombie? Us. Food. Not money or fame, that’s for sure. So perhaps the prize will be the chance to eat the show’s host alive? Or to dine on it’s audience members?

In all honesty this show has "short lived concept" written all over it; I mean really, how long can you keep the premise of the undead living with one another funny? I guess we’ll find out next year, as the show is slotted into the 2008-2009 season.

- Johnny Butane

Discuss what's important to you, as a member of the undead, in the Dread Central forums!

Blockbuster's picture

Blair's ok...but I got two words for ya:

Morgan Webb.

OHHHHHH yeah.

Submitted by Blockbuster on Wed, 06/11/2008 - 6:18pm.

She's only ONE ingredient in the beauty stew at G4.

I'm still firmly in the Olivia Munn camp. But people like Morgan Webb, Alison Haislip, Blair Butler, and Layla Kayleigh keep me watching the show.

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 06/12/2008 - 8:53am.
frank_dracman's picture

If it wasn't for Butler, I would think it's a horrible idea. But some of the skits they have done on AOTS are really funny. I'll tune in once to see what it's about. If it's anything like their parody of Saw, it might bee good.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Wed, 06/11/2008 - 4:22pm.

Perhaps this will be what we all really want: a house full of coked out divas like Paris and Lohan. Each day a gram of cocaine is lowered from the ceiling and they must fight for the sweet white powder.

That is grade A, all American, classy entertainment!

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Wed, 06/11/2008 - 12:47pm.
Rottenjesus's picture

I heartily endorse this idea since it will actually be fun to watch. Now if only they could combine this with Rollergirls and you'd have ratings gold! Hot zombie babes duking it out at the roller rink!

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Wed, 06/11/2008 - 12:25pm.
Johnny Butane's picture

That's what I mean, she looks like she really digs it! Chainsaw understands me at least...

Submitted by Johnny Butane on Wed, 06/11/2008 - 10:23am.
Dr Malachi Constant's picture

Ten bucks says her wonky eye gets its own spin-off.

Submitted by Dr Malachi Constant on Wed, 06/11/2008 - 9:58am.
Chainsaw's picture

Blair Butler's about the only person on that network that actually seems like she enjoys what she does. Perrera and Munn look like they wish they were hosting an MTV show.

And I liked this idea better when Robot Chicken did it.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Wed, 06/11/2008 - 8:20am.

This sounds awful.

And Blair Butler is cringe-worthy. I don't watch Attack of the Show too often, but when she's co-hosting, I skim right past it.

Submitted by G.D. on Wed, 06/11/2008 - 8:03am.
Jerel Of The Dead's picture

Blair Butler has a nice ass

Submitted by Jerel Of The Dead on Wed, 06/11/2008 - 7:26am.