Twilight Footage From Last Night's Heroes

Though I feel kinda dirty pointing it out to you guys, it’s only fair we keep up on our coverage of Twilight since the film hits theaters next Friday (get your tickets now!). During last night’s episode of “Heroes” some exclusive footage from Twilight was shown, and thanks to the wonder of this interwebs it’s already online!

Check it out below and then get back to your packing so you don’t forget anything. Sitting in line all night waiting for the first screening of Twilight will be rough, especially in this weather, so make sure you pack smart! And don't forget to read the review of the second book in the Twilight saga, New Moon, courtesy of the lovely Morgan!

- Johnny Butane

CHECK OUT DREAD CENTRAL’S NEW POSTER STORE!
Tell us what you're doing to prepare for Twilight in the Dread Central forums!

Johnny Butane's picture

Whoa. I realy can't believe there are that many fans, and they're that ... savage...

Submitted by Johnny Butane on Tue, 11/11/2008 - 2:33pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

Beyond what's popped up here and there on this site I don't even know what the hell this Twilight thing is. Is it High School the Musical with vampires or something?

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Tue, 11/11/2008 - 7:44pm.
Johnny Butane's picture

Just read Morgan's review of the first book, and all will be made clear.

Submitted by Johnny Butane on Tue, 11/11/2008 - 8:21pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

Ah, thanks Johnny and Morgan.

So it is High School the Musical with vampires.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Tue, 11/11/2008 - 9:32pm.
Rob's picture

I think Arrow In The Head's Comic-Con article on Twilight gave a good sum up with it's 10,000 fangirls that showed up.

"Robert Pattinson came out and I think a few girls spontaneously combusted. Just straight up exploded from sheer excitement. Who knows if this kid can keep up this level of interest in his career but if he can bottle 1/8 of this and take it with him, he'll be doing OK. This is Beatles on "Ed Sullivan" excitement."

I'm almost tempted to go opening weekend, sit there very quiet, and then about halfway through, the next time Edward shows up on screen, scream 'FREAK!' Because he seriously looks like a freak in that movie. I don't know what kind of makeup they did to give him a vampire look but the bottom line is Danny Huston in 30 Days of Night looked more normal than Robert Pattinson does in Twilight.

Submitted by Rob on Tue, 11/11/2008 - 2:41pm.
Rob's picture

So did anyone hear about the riot in San Francisco? Robert Pattinson was going to be at a signing for a Hot Topic store. The mall was expecting 300-500 people and got 3000 instead, mostly girls. People were trampled, a girl's face was smashed into a wall and her nose was broken, another girl got bad cuts on her neck from someone yanking on her necklace, and a little girl passed out in the chaos and no medical people were able to get to her. Needless to say, the event was cancelled.

Someone needs to do a horror movie where the fan girls go on killing sprees. Wouldn't be too far off at the rate this insanity is going.

Submitted by Rob on Tue, 11/11/2008 - 2:21pm.
Emilie Noetzel's picture

I have been stuck in similar situation in the past (for a band's launch mini-concert, eons ago) and I can tell you that there is nothing fun about it and it is quite horrific from the inside (probably worst then from the outside).

If you ever want to write a film based on a situation like that, let me know and I'll give you a testimonial of how it feels to be stuck inside such a group of crazy fangirls and not being able to leave (or breathe from being squished).

As for Twilight, I think I will skip it. Everything I have seen from it makes it less and less appealing right now.

Submitted by Emilie Noetzel on Tue, 11/11/2008 - 5:11pm.