T-Rex Is/Is Not The Nail

The Nail is T-Rex?Even though I really couldn’t care less about what Rob Zombie does next, aside from The Haunted World of El Superbeasto, it’s our responsibility as a horror site to inform you guys when we hear more about the recently-confirmed Tyrannosaurus Rex project, so we will. It doesn’t mean I have to like it.

Over at B-D, they got word that the project, which we’ve only known till now is not about dinosaurs, is actually a re-interpretation of The Nail, the comic he wrote with Steve Niles back in the day. But wait, the plot thickens; there is now a MySpace page for T-Rex out there where Rob, or someone writing on Rob's behalf, states that the project isn’t actually The Nail or anything else that anyone knows about yet.

Of course, Mr. Zombie’s never been terribly forthcoming with the truth, as was evidence when he told Uncle Creepy personally that he was, indeed, doing a CHUD remake only to turn around and tell everyone else he wasn’t, so who the hell knows what Tyrannosaurus Rex actually is?

And honestly, doesn’t this whole silliness make you care even less? Whatever it is, it will be out on August 28th, 2009, by which time I’m sure this will all be a memory we all have a good laugh about.

- Johnny Butane

Discuss your dino fetish in the Dread Central forums!

admin moderator Jesus Christ. I just went to
Jon Condit's picture

Jesus Christ. I just went to that Myspace page... Im not sure who did the work on it or what their intent was. Not sure it would make a difference either. That's just poor design, I could have done much better in 5 minutes. I cant understand how stuff like that gets attached to such notable people.

Rob, bro, if you need a web designer drop me a line.

Submitted by Jon Condit on Tue, 02/26/2008 - 9:32am.
Nope.
thedudeabides's picture

Nope.

Submitted by thedudeabides on Tue, 02/26/2008 - 8:37am.
Tsotha-lanti's picture

Not even Tony Scott? :(

Submitted by Tsotha-lanti on Tue, 02/26/2008 - 8:16am.

Obviously, but none of them are in front of the hype machine, and so wasteful of their talent as Rob is.

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 02/25/2008 - 12:41pm.
Enraged_Otter's picture

Not to be a stick in the mud but there are far worse directors to focus all that hate on.

Submitted by Enraged_Otter on Mon, 02/25/2008 - 10:29am.
Tsotha-lanti's picture

I'm certain that Rob Zombie got the idea for how much interest the makers of "Cloverfield" built up with sheer crypticness. Unfortunately, this had a tendency to result in hype that's VERY difficult to live up to.

Submitted by Tsotha-lanti on Mon, 02/25/2008 - 10:04am.
thedudeabides's picture

I'm just so sick and bored with Rob Zombie or anything that he has done or will do.

He's got the barest talent, and is a perfect example of how a horror "fan" is actually unsuited to make a good horror movie.

Submitted by thedudeabides on Mon, 02/25/2008 - 8:57am.
frank_dracman's picture

I have to say, that was one of the most boring myspace pages I have ever seen. All that's there is alot of "Dude, man, I can't wait for the next bitch'n movie!" I will admit, the man's got his fans.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Sat, 02/23/2008 - 4:38pm.

Pathetic vapidity!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Sat, 02/23/2008 - 1:06pm.

Damn Rob, even a Viral Marketing addict like me could care less about you and this stupid shit. Who cares you self indulgent prick? I don't care if you're doing a dinosaur movie, or a romantic comedy, just let us know what it is and quit trying to pretend you're keeping us in suspense.

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 02/23/2008 - 11:11am.
DW Bostaph Jr's picture

Rob Zombie needs to make a series of short youtube videos called:

You Suck at Viral Marketing

Submitted by DW Bostaph Jr on Sat, 02/23/2008 - 11:09am.
traumahound00's picture

yeah, that website looks pretty much fake.

Submitted by traumahound00 on Sat, 02/23/2008 - 9:36am.