Sheri Moon In, T-Rex Out?

Not The Nail, but there will be bikers!OK, I think we can all safely say that Rob Zombie's upcoming film Tyrannosaurus Rex is not the code name for The Nail movie, but it looks like the title may not be the final one at all.

STYD has heard from those on the inside that Tyrannosaurus Rex may just be a temp title. Alright, whatever ... but what is the damn thing about?

Bikers! Yup. That is all we have to go on now. Oh, and it looks like Sherri Moon Zombie also has a role in the script. Mrs. Zombie on a motorcycle? Sure, I'll watch that.

Keep an eye on T-Rex's official MySpace profile for more info.

- Syxx

Discuss this article in the Dread Central Forums!

Otter, I really hope you're right, honest. Joe Grizzly needs his own movie.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Fri, 03/28/2008 - 7:40am.
Enraged_Otter's picture

I know what T-Rex is about, its about the adventures of grizzly Joe (or whatever his name was in halloween) and his big rig the T-Rex. :p

Submitted by Enraged_Otter on Fri, 03/28/2008 - 7:17am.
Blockbuster's picture

I really miss White Zombie. Sigh.

Submitted by Blockbuster on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 5:11pm.

Oh you and me both GD, you have no idea.

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 3:53pm.

I just don't want Rob Zombie to make movies anymore.

Submitted by G.D. on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 1:08pm.
thedudeabides's picture

I actually want a Chud remake. I just don't want Rob Zombie to do it.

Submitted by thedudeabides on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 9:59am.

I'm with Cain too. BTW, didn't he deny that he was doing a Halloween movie before it was announced? I'm not sure, but I thought it was. If Tyrannosaurus Rex is the temp, then it's very possible the movie ends up being called The Nail.

I'm guessing he was just trying to be clever with a fake title and didn't think that anyone would link it up.

Either way...sadly, I'll probably see this in the theatre...

Submitted by G.D. on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 9:44am.

I am still waiting for the CHUD announcement...

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 6:30am.
Tsotha-lanti's picture

I'm with Caine Is Able.

Submitted by Tsotha-lanti on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 5:03am.
frank_dracman's picture

*YAWN* where's my coffee...? Oh, are we still talking about Rob? Sorry, I couldnt care less. Thanks for the info anyway, Cain. Sounds liked you "nailed" it, har har. Although I would love to see a new Carnosaur movie. "Dat dino-sore is gonna ate my trailer!!" Brillant.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 4:08am.

I wish I cared about this, but I only feel two things. One, pity, that they suspect the suspense is wrenching enough to keep us guessing, and two, annoyance that Zombie figures he has enough clout to pull off a cheesy cryptic rumor mill that's been, so far, limp and pointless. At least know whatever it is he is making will have hillbillies, bikers, rednecks, and his dancing doll Sheri.

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 1:20am.

Look, I know Zombie said this has nothing to do with his comic he did with Steve Niles entitled "The Nail", but come on! Here's what we know and/or is heavily rumored...

1. "Tyrannosaurus Rex" is a temp title.
2. Sheri Moon has a role (duh!)
3. It's not about dinosaurs.
4. It is rumored to deal with bikers.
5. Supposedly Diamond Dallas Page is in talks for a role.
6. It's rumored to involve wrestler (or wrestlers).

Well guess what? "The Nail" is about a washed-up wrestler and his family who run afoul of some Satan-worshipping bikers. What's the wrestler's name? Rex Hauser. Now he's called "the nail" in the comic (hence the title), but Rob could have easily changed it. "Tyrannosaurus" Rex Hauser, anyone? It explains the wrestler and biker rumors, as well as the title. Also, according to statements from both Zombie and DDP, as well as the intro piece to the graphic novel of the comic, if and when The Nail is adapted............DDP is guaranteed the lead role. Well guess what? He's supposedly in talks.

This means one of two things:

A) Either there are people out there still spreading pointless rumors to make everyone think that this film is going to be a retooled version of "The Nail", when it isn't.

OR

B). Rob is pulling everyone's chain in a last ditch effort to keep as much under wraps as possible. Basically, he's lying to keep us in the dark.

Personally, at this point I'd wish he would just pop out and say what it is. Someone will spill the beans eventually, so why not just officially state it and get it over with. Doesn't matter if it is The Nail (which would make for a great RZ movie) or not. Just out it and be done with it. Either some studio insider or an actor is going to let it slip...............or somebody is gonna snag the script. Enough stringing us along. Especially if it really is an adaptation of The Nail, which is most certainly seems to be at the moment.

Submitted by Caine Is Able on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 1:06am.
Enraged_Otter's picture

We all know this is just a Carnisaur remake feature more rednecks, bikers and assorted trailer trash for the dino to munch on.

Submitted by Enraged_Otter on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 12:23am.