Prom Night Trailer. Yay.

Prom Night trailer!I have zero hope that the Prom Night remake is going to be worth even half of the mentions we’ve given it here on the site, but since we are slaves to the will of horror fans, it is my duty to keep you informed about what’s going on with it. Even if I don’t want to.

All right, now that that's off my chest; UGO has the Prom Night trailer up and even though I haven’t watched it yet, I hear tell it’s pretty bad. Smack the link to find out for your own self!

Nelson McCormick helmed the remake (he's also handling the Stepfather redux), which follows a young girl on her prom night, just trying to make it the memorable, viginity-losing event it's supposed to be. Unfortunately a sadistic killer from her past has other plans for her special night... Screen Gems will punish us with Prom Night on April 11th, 2008. Can't wait!

- Johnny Butane

Can't dance? Then hit the Dread Central forums!

Hunter1006's picture

a terrible trailer for probably a terrible film. and i havent even seen the original Prom Night.

Submitted by Hunter1006 on Sun, 01/06/2008 - 1:35am.
DW Bostaph Jr's picture

it would make the worst of 2008 only if i see it

Submitted by DW Bostaph Jr on Sat, 01/05/2008 - 1:01pm.
Morgan Elektra's picture

I think this may be mis-labeled. Looks more like the sequel to John Tucker Must Die.... even right down to the Time After Time cover.

Submitted by Morgan Elektra on Sat, 01/05/2008 - 11:29am.
Sirand's picture

Gee...I wonder what movie will be on our "Worst of 2008" list?

Submitted by Sirand on Fri, 01/04/2008 - 12:08pm.
doubleh55's picture

I think the trailer might have worked better if the Time After Time cover was done disco style to at least bridge the gap between the original and the new one. Hopefully this film has a dance sequence.

Submitted by doubleh55 on Fri, 01/04/2008 - 11:48am.
Johnny Butane's picture

Personally I have nothing against PG 13 for the most part; indeed they're necessary to serve as a bridge from kids movies to harder horror. I just think the movie looks fucking stupid, no matter the rating.

Submitted by Johnny Butane on Fri, 01/04/2008 - 10:10am.

I think we get enough good shots of the killer to guess that he's either the janitor or part of the security staff for the hotel. Yawn.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Fri, 01/04/2008 - 9:34am.
doubleh55's picture

Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age of 30 but I don't necessarily see anything wrong with the concept of making PG-13 movies. Some of the greatest horror films of all time probably wouldn't even go beyond PG these days. I'm not suggesting that it's going to be a good or bad movie but to automatically dismiss it because it's PG-13 is wrong. As far as the trailer goes, I like how they started it off like it was going to be just a teen movie and then faking us out.

I also heartily endorse PG13 movies if it gets teenage boys laid by teenage girls normally too scared to see hardcore horror films.

Just so I don't look silly, odds are the movie sucks. JS Cordone does not have a good track record as far as writing goes.

Submitted by doubleh55 on Fri, 01/04/2008 - 9:28am.
Chainsaw's picture

Also, I figured out the killer.

It's Patrick Bateman.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Fri, 01/04/2008 - 8:21am.
Chainsaw's picture

Remakes have a lot of hells.

The only thing that would make this remake worth while is if they make a sequel to it that actually goes the supernatural route.

And even then, I wouldn't go see it.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Fri, 01/04/2008 - 8:17am.
thedudeabides's picture

I have a feeling that the eventual DVD of this will join the Black Christmas remake in the Hell of Being Flung Across My Living Room.

Submitted by thedudeabides on Fri, 01/04/2008 - 7:49am.

it's a comedy right? this trailer is hilarious.

Submitted by plagiarize on Fri, 01/04/2008 - 7:34am.
Johnny Butane's picture

No double, you are safe here. Never really got that whole series myself.

Submitted by Johnny Butane on Fri, 01/04/2008 - 3:54am.

No Doublehh, I think Prom Night blows donkey chunks.

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 01/04/2008 - 1:58am.
doubleh55's picture

Is my account going to be revoked if I mention that the original Prom Night isn't very good to begin with?

Submitted by doubleh55 on Fri, 01/04/2008 - 12:06am.

I love Brittany Snow. She is so yummy.

But yeah, all that preamble probably makes up thirty minutes of the movie, with the entire last hour filled with lame tension and off-screen bloodless kills.

It's a killer who kills only when he HAS to, what fun.

Beyond that, it looks very lame and corny. I'll watch it when it's on cable.

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 01/03/2008 - 11:09pm.
Messiahman's picture

Sadly, this will make buckets and buckets of cash from all those little tweeners who regularly tune into HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL and MY SUPER SWEET 16.

Ugh.

Submitted by Messiahman on Thu, 01/03/2008 - 9:31pm.