New Happening Trailer Exposes More Details

Twist?A good amount of horror fans out there have probably already guessed correctly about what M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening (official site) will be really about, but for the rest of the folks it is still a mystery.

That all may change since MSN got in an exclusive trailer for the feature, which opens June 13th, and it does spoil a few things. While the details of the plot aren't fully laid out, we do get a step-by-step list of what the victims in The Happening are experiencing. At least in this trailer there isn't excessive discussion about bees as in the last one. Good God ... the memories of The Wicker Man!

M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening spins a tale of the world under attack by an unknown force. Hefty portions of the population are committing suicide, but why?

- Syxx

Discuss your theories in our Dread Central forums!

Spaceshark's picture

As a guy who watches Gossip Girl, my ability to judge people through their actual acting skills is somewhat lacking.

Submitted by Spaceshark on Sun, 05/04/2008 - 4:31am.
RingoJ's picture

This movie is about Captain Crunch coming back to claim what is his.

Submitted by RingoJ on Sun, 05/04/2008 - 1:23am.

John Leguizamo is a very good actor. He holds his own against even Pacino.

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 05/03/2008 - 9:57pm.

Come on, what is it that we should have already figured out? PM me the info....

Submitted by MidnightTide on Sat, 05/03/2008 - 8:43pm.
thedudeabides's picture

I could tell you, but it might spoil things for ya, Gus.

Submitted by thedudeabides on Sat, 05/03/2008 - 3:12pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

Count me in with the interested group.

Although I haven't a clue what we are supposed to have already figured out.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Sat, 05/03/2008 - 2:16pm.
admin moderator Don't worry Spaceshark,
Jon Condit's picture

Don't worry Spaceshark, 'Johnny Legs' is always a burden to any movie he's in, not an asset.

Hopefully his screentime will be minimal.

You've obviously never seen King of the Jungle.

Submitted by Jon Condit on Sat, 05/03/2008 - 2:01pm.

Actually TDA, I'll be watching too, just like you and Johnny. I can't wait. I LOVE Apocalypse movies, I love movies about survival, I'm big on Deschanel and Leguizamo, and I want to see what is destroying humanity like this. Even though I have a good idea.

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 05/03/2008 - 12:38pm.
thedudeabides's picture

Good man Johnny!

Submitted by thedudeabides on Sat, 05/03/2008 - 10:00am.
Johnny Butane's picture

Fuck that. I'll be there with bells on.

Submitted by Johnny Butane on Sat, 05/03/2008 - 9:12am.
thedudeabides's picture

I guess I'll be the only one watching. :(

Submitted by thedudeabides on Sat, 05/03/2008 - 8:33am.
Spaceshark's picture

The big plot twist is that this movie is actually the big screen adaptation of Infinity Gauntlet # 1.

It's so sad that I know that.

And yeah, the only part I liked about land of the Dead was when zombuizamo blew up.

Submitted by Spaceshark on Sat, 05/03/2008 - 3:23am.

Saw a trailer for this when I went to see Doomsday - it looked shit! I really cannot be doing with this pretentious nonsense. We all know that the world is not really under attack by some unknown force and that peo

Submitted by PelusaMG on Fri, 05/02/2008 - 10:52pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

Hopefully his screentime will be minimal.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Fri, 05/02/2008 - 10:52pm.
Spaceshark's picture

I realize this is the most unwarranted complaint ever, but I seriously hate watching a movie with Leguizamo in it.

Submitted by Spaceshark on Fri, 05/02/2008 - 6:51pm.

umm i like Marky XP, but im seeing this for Zooey! :D

Submitted by gabrielenriquez on Fri, 05/02/2008 - 5:59pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

And another thing...

I can't help but cringe at that fucking MATRIX-style of 'dramatic' dialogue where nobody ever fully says what they mean.

"We lost contact."
"With who?"
"Everyone..."

I hate that shit. Go watch THE MATRIX movies again. They're almost entirely made up of exchanges like that.

"We lost him."
"Who?"
"Neo..."

Aaaaaaargh!!! It's pure 'trailer line' garbage.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Fri, 05/02/2008 - 4:05pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

All I care about is that Shammy's next film is a trilogy based on the greatest animated action show of all time AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Fri, 05/02/2008 - 3:43pm.
thedudeabides's picture

I think this looks pretty good. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Submitted by thedudeabides on Fri, 05/02/2008 - 3:28pm.