Loads of New Mummy 3 Goodies

New Mummy 3 poster!Even though I’d like to tell myself that the upcoming Mummy sequel directed by Rob Cohen isn’t something that really fits well with Dread Central, we all know that’s not the case. Even if it is just an action-adventure film with CG monsters, we’re all still going to see it opening weekend, aren’t we? Yes, yes we are.

So why not help build the hype a bit then? The official production blog that director Cohen runs just got an overhaul as well as an assload of new stuff to feast your starving eyeballs upon: production sketches, models, video blogs ... assuming eyeballs can ever truly be fed, that is.

In addition to all that goodness, on your right you can see The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor now has a spiffy new poster as well. It harkens back to the first two, of course, but with the little Asian spice to give it some kick.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor opens everywhere and then some on August 1st so expect to see a lot more about it between now and then!

- Johnny Butane

Make your eyeballs beg for mercy with a quick trip to the Dread Central forums!

Uh... I won't be going to see it. Why would I? Jet Li? No. Brendan Fraser clinging to his career? No. The attempted restart of the franchise? No, no. I'll stay home and watch "The Simpsons."

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 05/01/2008 - 10:02pm.
Doc Block's picture

I'll definitely miss Mummy 3 and go see Midnight Meat Train. Counting down the days until that one comes out!

Submitted by Doc Block on Thu, 05/01/2008 - 8:14pm.

It will 'go down' faster than Rosie O'Donnell at a K D Lang concert...

Submitted by PelusaMG on Thu, 05/01/2008 - 12:50pm.
Agonistes's picture

No, we are not. I liked the first one, and hated the second one. I can only guess that it goes down hill from there.

Submitted by Agonistes on Thu, 05/01/2008 - 11:20am.

Oh yes we are.

Submitted by green eyed monster on Thu, 05/01/2008 - 10:33am.
Um...yay?
Sirand's picture

Um...yay?

Submitted by Sirand on Thu, 05/01/2008 - 9:39am.

I just about managed to sit through The Mummy... The Mummy Returns was excrutiatingly bad (did I spell that correctly), so I am absolutely in now way going to spend my hard earned tax rebate going to see George of the Jungle... I mean, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emporer.

I'd rather save my money and go and see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 a week later (I'm joking by the way).

Submitted by PelusaMG on Thu, 05/01/2008 - 9:03am.

No, no we're not.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Thu, 05/01/2008 - 8:33am.