First Look at Uninvited Poster

We had been wondering about the status of the upcoming remake of Korean horror hit A Tale of Two Sisters, now called The Uninvited, since it's been a while since we've heard anything about it, but it looks like it’s still on track for its January 30th, 2009 release.

The boys at Bloody Disgusting got their eyeballs on the first poster for the film, which is teased below. The similarities to the Let the Right One In poster are a bit too close for comfort if you ask me. But why would you ask me? Click on the teaser image to see the whole thing!

Click to see the entire poster!

- Johnny Butane

CHECK OUT DREAD CENTRAL’S NEW POSTER STORE!
Tell us what you would let in in the Dread Central forums!

The trailer did a good job of giving away every single one of the cliches we've come to expect out of these remakes.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Mon, 10/06/2008 - 12:11pm.
Chainsaw's picture

Lord...they even use The Ring font.

I'm pretty sure that's a teat that dried up a while ago.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Tue, 09/30/2008 - 11:14pm.

Same font as The Ring? You're kidding, right?

Submitted by G.D. on Mon, 10/06/2008 - 12:06pm.
Sirand's picture

Disturbia was generic as all hell. If people are giving that movie a passing grade, I give up.

Submitted by Sirand on Tue, 09/30/2008 - 2:43pm.

Amen. "Disturbia" is overrated swill for a dumb audience who still enjoys the "Goosebumps" books.

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 09/30/2008 - 9:18pm.
arandomthought's picture

Overrated yes, but nowhere near as bad as half the goosebumps books.

Submitted by arandomthought on Tue, 09/30/2008 - 10:30pm.
arandomthought's picture

But at the same time it captured the atmosphere, wasn't a remake(I don't think), and was just fun to watch.

Submitted by arandomthought on Tue, 09/30/2008 - 2:51pm.
Sam Hell's picture

If you're referring to DISTURBIA, it was supposedly "inspired" by Alfred Hitchcock's REAR WINDOW. Apparently, the similarities are so identical that Dreamworks, Viacom, Universal Pictures, and even Spielberg himself, are being sued for copyright infringement by the estate of Sheldon Abend, who owned the rights to the original short story that REAR WINDOW was based on:

I've never seen it so I can't confirm.

But Hollywood is a few years too late with the Asian remakes. They should've put this one out in 2005 at the latest, since A TALE OF TWO SISTERS was part of Asian horror's peak.

Coincidently, THE UNINVITED is also the title of a fairly respected Korean horror film from 2003.

Submitted by Sam Hell on Tue, 09/30/2008 - 11:24pm.
Johnny Butane's picture

Disturbia was a pretty good little film, I thought. Every other point I agree with.

Submitted by Johnny Butane on Tue, 09/30/2008 - 2:17pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

I'm glad they changed the name. The less people can identify this with the K-horror masterpiece the better.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Tue, 09/30/2008 - 2:12pm.
Permafrost's picture

Fear moves in...

...Into my bowels. Not sure if marketing it from anyone associated with The Ring or Disturbia is gonna get me interested.

It's a shame some people can't be bothered to read. The original is quite good.

Submitted by Permafrost on Tue, 09/30/2008 - 12:20pm.