Got some cash laying around that you don’t know what to do with? Wondering what to get the horror fans on your holiday shopping list while still contributing to a very good cause? Wonder no more!
Premiere Props announced today that the live horror-themed charity auction of never before seen movie props and costumes just got bigger! Presented by Fangoria, DreadCentral.com and hosted by Ryan “Rotten” Turek from ShockTillYouDrop.com the live auction will take place on Saturday, October 11, 2008 at Premiere Props’ warehouse in El Segundo, California (128 Sierra Street, El Segundo, CA 90245) with proceeds to benefit the Entertainment Industry Foundation.
There will be a preview from 9am – 11am, and the auction will begin at 11am. As a special treat, bidders who come down to Premiere Props’ warehouse will have the opportunity to meet Charles Band, horror film producer of The Gingerdead Man, Subspecies, The Puppet Master Feature Film Series, Ghoulies, Evil Bong, Trancers and many more.
Film fans and collectors will have the chance to own rare costumes and props from fan favorites including Evil Bong, Puppet Master III: Toulon’s Revenge, The Cave, Rob Zombie’s Halloween, Quarantine, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, Lakeview Terrace, Wrong Turn, Cloverfield, Captivity, The Mummy Returns, One Missed Call, Ancient, Red Dragon, The Simpsons Halloween Special XII, Resident Evil: Extinction, Underworld Evolution and many, many more! Also, rare back issues of Fangoria, have been added to the list of items up for bid.
Several hundred props from horror classics will be auctioned off with a set portion of the proceeds benefiting the Entertainment Industry Foundation. The charity auction will feature movie collectibles and props including:
• Aeon Flux– An action Monican assault rifle prop used by a hit team member in the film.
• Captivity– Jen’s (Elisha Cuthbert) hero brown fuzzy w/ sheer white/brown bow teddy bear.
• Captivity– Jen’s (Elisha Cuthbert) hero silver blender used to feed pureed flesh.
• Evil Bong– Original movie prop from the stoner-horror film staring Tommy Chong.
• Lakeview Terrace– Abel’s (Samuel Jackson) camel tan silk “Coconut Grove” 2 button sport coat, cement gray w/ front pleat “John W. Nordstrom” cuffed pants.
• Lakeview Terrace– Abel’s (Samuel Jackson) screen worn hero police officer uniform and many more of Abel’s hero costumes!
• Cloverfield– Hud’s (T.J. Miller) screen worn hero costume. Includes a soiled and bloodstained light-blue “Ben Sherman” button-up shirt.
• Cloverfield– Rob’s (Michael Stahl-David) screen worn hero costume. Features a blue and white striped button up “John Varvatos USA” shirt” with blood stains and holes.
• Ghoulies– Fish Ghoulie from the original mold. Notorious Ghoulie that pops out of the toilet! Signed and dated by the FX creator John Carl Buechler and producer Charles Band. Comes with original poster.
• Grindhouse– Stuntman Mike’s (Kurt Russell) “Death Proof” screen worn costume, including a black “American Apparel” t-shirt and a pair of “Levi” blue jeans.
• Rob Zombie’s Halloween– Michael Myer’s (Tyler Mane) tattered grey bath robe.
• Hell Ride -A “Sears” wooden suit case with four playing cards glued on the front.
• Hell Ride– A fleet of working motorcycles from the movie, including classic antique Indian Chief Motorcycles, Harley Davidson Motorcycles and more!
• Hell Ride– A dear skull and antlers with red painted lines on top of skull.
• Jurassic Park– A limited edition boxed set of nine offset lithographic prints of the Jurassic Park dinosaurs.
• One Missed Call– Beth’s (Shannyn Sossamon) “Banana Republic” cardigan, “J Crew” wide neck shirt and “Club Monaco” pants.
• Puppet Master– Blade, Leech Woman, Decapitron and Torch original 1:1 scale replica puppets from the early Puppet Master films.
• Quarantine– Jake’s (Jay Hernandez) bloody, yellow zip up jacket with neon yellow/white reflective stripes and a neon yellow “Morning Pride” patch on the right side of the jacket.
• Quarantine– Jake’s (Jay Hernandez) bloody, yellow fireman pants with neon yellow/white reflective stripes with a “Morning Pride” patch near the top of the pants.
• Sleepy Hollow– A screen used wooden cross which reads “Jonathan Masbeth” (Mark Spalding) across it.
• Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines– The T3 jacket worn by Arnold Schwarzenegger, plus the original slate clapboard signed by the entire cast.
• The Cave– The actual full size monster from The Cave.
• The Eye– Sydney’s (Jessica Alba) hospital identification band.
• The Eye– Sydney’s (Jessica Alba) long sleeve blouse and pinstripe pants.
• The Gingerdead Man Puppet– Angry cookie from the original mold – inhabited by the spirit of crazy Gary Busey from the notorious film The Gingerdead Man.
• The Mummy Returns– A giant Egyptian-style tablet that has been studio-distressed.
• The Simpsons– An original production cell of Bart as Harry Potter wizard in “Treehouse of Horror XII.”
• Underworld Evolution– Selene’s (Kate Beckinsale) screen used boot knife.
“We are excited to be partnering with Charles Band, Fangoria, DreadCentral.com and ShockTillYouDrop.com for the scariest horror-filled auction ever,” said Dan Levin, Vice President of Marketing for Premiere Props. “Collectors will be amazed with the rare horror super hero costumes and movie memorabilia that will be up for bid.”
“I’ve collected movie props and original art from the moment I started to make movies! I’ve also set aside hundreds of items from my own films over the years. I’m excited to see some of these items go up for sale on October 11th thru the great dudes at Premiere Props! I also look forward to meeting fellow collectors on that day,” Charles Band, Founder of Full Moon Features.
“We always aim to bring our fans and readers the best when it comes to horror, and Premiere Props offers the best horror-themed items without costing you an arm and a leg,” Tony Timpone, Editor-in-Chief of Fangoria.
“There’s no question Premiere Props has established itself as the leading resource of horror and film memorabilia. No one does a better job when it comes to offering fans a chance to own their favorite bit of haunted history. The opportunity to work with them is one that we jumped at quicker than a cat-scare, and we look forward to providing collectors with final cut prices on all things that have gone bump in the night on the big screen,” Steve Barton, Editor-in-Chief and Co-Founder of DreadCentral.com.
“Next to being on the set of a film, owning a piece of your favorite horror production is about one of the coolest bragging rights to have. Premiere Props helps you make that happen by offering up for auction a multitude of screen-used items. Reproduced collectibles be damned, there’s nothing better than the real thing,” Ryan “Rotten” Turek, Managing Editor of ShockTillYouDrop.com.
Fans can also place live bids online at ICollector.com or eBay with the preview beginning October 11th at 9am and the live auction starting at 11am. For more information, please visit the official Premiere Props website or call (310) 322-PROP.
The best part? You’ll be able to watch the auction streaming here live right on Dread Central! Expect more news on that as the date draws closer!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Sell your body in the Dread Central forums!