What's YOUR Favorite Scary Movie? Tell Us NOW!

Here at DC we look for new and cool ways to involve our readers in the spooky fun. The wheels are always turning, and we've cooked up something pretty neat we'd like you guys to take part in!

We want you to help us compile a list of the genre's most beloved films! Send us as long of a list as you can muster of your favorite horror films. No limits here, but keep it to films that are clear favorites in your opinion. It doesn't have to be in any particular order either. Throw together your favorites and send them our way. We will do all the hard work you; just send us your lists!

What are we going to do with your lists? That particular rabbit isn't coming out of our hats just yet, but we think you'll dig it! Upon visiting you'll see a quick pop-up appear on your screen. THIS WILL ONLY HAPPEN ONCE. You can either reply right there or visit this page to get started!

Speak up! We're listening!

What's YOUR Favorite Scary Movie? Tell Us NOW!

Speak up in the comments section below!

Genrewriter's picture

Just sent my list in. I had to shorten it otherwise I'd end up listing every horror flick in my collection.

Submitted by Genrewriter on Tue, 03/15/2011 - 1:39pm.
DeTuinman's picture

Send my list a few seconds ago...
Curious to what you guys have in store for us.

The mind is like a parachute...it only works when it is open.
F.Zappa

Submitted by DeTuinman on Sun, 03/13/2011 - 9:44am.
Vanvance1's picture

In no order (and stubbornly ignoring the pop up):

Day of the Dead
In the Mouth of Madness
The Shining
The Omen (original)
The Beyond
Re-Animator
Lifeforce
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 & 2 (originals)
The Hitcher (original)
100 Feet
The Others
Hellraiser 2

This is just off the top of a sleepy head. If I don't have to narrow my focus there are more.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Sat, 03/12/2011 - 5:40pm.
admin moderator Awesome list thanks!
Jon Condit's picture

Awesome list thanks!

Submitted by Jon Condit on Sat, 03/12/2011 - 6:29pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I forgot:

Evil Dead 2
Phantasm
Bubba Ho-tep
Black Death
Slither
Brain Dead (Henenlotter)
The Resurrected (O'Bannon)

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Sun, 03/13/2011 - 12:43am.
admin moderator We hate pop ups too guys but
Jon Condit's picture

We hate pop ups too guys but we are trying to collect a large amount of lists in a short amount of time so it's the best way to get the most eyes on it.

It'll be gone in a few days we promise :)

Submitted by Jon Condit on Sat, 03/12/2011 - 5:19pm.

I don't mind the pop up. There should be a No Thanks option or once you've filled in your answers, as I did, it no longer pops up.

Otherwise this sounds fun. I had a good time filling in my answers.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 03/12/2011 - 12:31pm.
admin moderator I had it set to display once
Jon Condit's picture

I had it set to display once per session. It's now set to display once every 7 days. We should be done collecting lists by then.

Submitted by Jon Condit on Sat, 03/12/2011 - 5:10pm.

Nice! I filled in my list, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have up your sleeves. I love features about lists and Bests of and Worsts of.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 03/12/2011 - 9:59pm.
Vanvance1's picture

HATE pop ups and it has already happened multiple times. Some of us don't like cookies.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Sat, 03/12/2011 - 8:13am.
admin moderator The only use of the cookie
Jon Condit's picture

The only use of the cookie is storing the word "shown" so the site knowns whether you have seen the form during your current session. It'll be gone in a couple days once we have enough lists to work with and the cookie expires in 7 days as well.

Submitted by Jon Condit on Sat, 03/12/2011 - 5:15pm.