Werewolves and Humans to Clash Under a Red Moon

Werewolves and Humans to Clash Under a Red MoonNow that vampires are losing a tiny bit of their box office steam, Hollywood is busy searching out the next big monstrous thing. Zombies have always had good staying power and as for werewolves? Who doesn't love a big fuzzy?

According to Variety The Gotham Group (Abduction) has optioned big screen rights to Benjamin Percy's werewolf book proposal Red Moon.

Described as an alternate history tome, the story is set in a post-9/11 world of xenophobia in which the long-persecuted Lycans live among humans. The story kicks off with a Lycan uprising that results in a clash of civilizations. The book proposal was acquired in a publishing house bidding war by Grand Central in a deal pegged at $500,000.

Gotham was slipped a copy of the proposal by Percy's publishing agent, Holly Frederick of Curtis Brown, and pounced on the material. Percy, a creative writing professor at Iowa State University, is the author of wilderness adventure story The Wilding and has published two books of short stories and a graphic novel, Refresh, Refresh.

Clash with others in the comments section below!

Vanvance1's picture

I want to get excited but the synopsis is so painfully generic how can I?

Maybe if they get a REAL horror director attached to this project.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Tue, 11/23/2010 - 7:02pm.
GJW's picture

OR.........(Drumroll please).......

JUST MAKE DOG SOLDIERS II !!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------
"Well, for one thing, I think he was probably a closet homosexual who did a lot of cocaine. That whole Yale thing."

Submitted by GJW on Tue, 11/23/2010 - 8:57pm.
YandereSama's picture

Why ruin a classic like Dog Soldiers with a shoddy sequel.

Besides sequels to werewolf films tend not to do well, quality wise.

"Chew on this!"

Submitted by YandereSama on Wed, 11/24/2010 - 4:37pm.
GJW's picture

I don't recall typing "make a shoddy sequel". I said "make a sequel". There are plenty of horror sequels that are as good as if not better than the original film. It's the remakes that suck.

----------------------------------

Submitted by GJW on Thu, 11/25/2010 - 3:46pm.
Vanvance1's picture

If Neil Marshall wanted to make it I'd be cheering. A random sequel from somebody else... nah.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Wed, 11/24/2010 - 5:42pm.
GJW's picture

I just watched CENTURION for the first time a few nights ago. I don't ever recall wanting a movie to be LONGER once it was finished,but wow. I could have watched a 3 hour CENTURION if it was available. I loved the action in that movie. I actually wished they would have spent more time building the final fight scene up,giving us more character development,for instance on the general,we probably would have cared more when he met his end in the movie,spending more time letting us get to know each character before the betrayal occured. This could have had alot more,and it would have just made a great flick even better.

----------------------------------

Submitted by GJW on Thu, 11/25/2010 - 3:52pm.
YandereSama's picture

Neil Marshall is the only one that could make a sequel work.

I am highly surprised Hollywood hasn't remade Dog Soldiers. . . yet.

"Chew on this!"

Submitted by YandereSama on Thu, 11/25/2010 - 12:31am.