Official Trailer -The Descent 2

Neil Marshall dropped a great film on us with his spelunking gone completely awry horror opus The Descent, and now its sequel looks set to savage us once again. Can it fill the very big blood-soaked shoes left behind by Marshall? Check out the trailer, and tell us what you think!

Opening in the UK on December 4th, the sequel will continue the story of Sarah, who, as the only survivor of an all-female caving expedition gone horrifically wrong, suffers severe psychological trauma. Unable to speak, she accompanies a rescue team back to the cave, but events once again take a sinister turn.

Dig on the trailer below courtesy of IGN.

Descend into the Dread Central forums.

Teen-Idol's picture

Unnecessary sequel, yet I will be there opening night stuffing my face with popcorn hoping to have my socks rocked off.

Submitted by Teen-Idol on Sun, 08/30/2009 - 3:53pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I just said it wasn't very inspired. And it wasn't.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Sat, 08/29/2009 - 2:11pm.

Juno's back? Thanks for spoiling it!!

Just kidding, I knew she was back, yet she is in this trailer too.

Who cares about the Title? Jaws 2 was pretty good. Halloween 2 was pretty good as well (original H2).
Friday the 13th Part 2.
Clerks 2 was awesome.....

Some really good 2's out there. You don't always need a subtitle to get your message across.

Submitted by JoeDarkfall on Sat, 08/29/2009 - 12:52am.
Floydian Trip's picture

I'd like to expect to be floored.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 7:55pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

I'd like to as well. But I'm not. I think it looks cheap and lame.

I'm sure Marshall's barely-there involvement in this sequel is purely as a favour to his friend who is directing.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 10:48pm.
AriesofPitt's picture

As far as why she goes back from what I read somewhere it's not that she wants to go back but the authorities do not believe her explanation of the events that took place and they want to retrieve the bodies/investigate etc. I really liked the first because I didn't really know what to expect so was pleasantly surprised. Hope they just scare me with this is all. I don't expect to be floored but I hope it's worth watching.

Submitted by AriesofPitt on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 7:47pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I just still want it to be intelligent. And in order for that to happen there better damn well be a good explanation of why a traumatized woman is going back to her hell. And don't tell me it's some kind of therapy or facing your demons type bullshit.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 7:12pm.
moderator My understanding is that
Debi Moore's picture

My understanding is that she's the only one who can lead them to where the previous events occurred, and that's why she has to return to "her hell" as it were.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 7:29pm.

It's going to be difficult not to just be a rehash of the original. There isn't a lot you can do with it.

People trapped in cave.
Monsters attack.

All you can add pretty much is an explanation as to what exactly the monsters are. And for me that isn't neccesary.

I'll have ass-in-seat opening night though.

Submitted by The Butcher on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 7:07pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

The Descent Part 2? Not a very inspired title. Love Neil Marshall. Love The Descent. Very much looking forward to this one but what would possibly make her go back there? Seems like it could be a dumb enough idea to ruin the entire movie.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 3:01pm.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

I wouldn't have expected Ripley to go with them in Aliens but she did.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Sun, 08/30/2009 - 10:41am.
Avid Fan's picture

The Descent is one of my all time faves, that being said, I too am interested in another go with the denizens underground, but the logic of going back seems to be asking for trouble, logically anyway.

Submitted by Avid Fan on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 3:41pm.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

This trailer is better because it doesn't ruin the fact that Juno is still alive.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 2:57pm.