AUTOMATION to Screen at SHOCKFEST in Las Vegas This Weekend
The next film from Dread Presents (the horror distribution arm of our parent company, Epic Pictures) is Automation, a film that suggests humans aren’t the only ones who need to worry about being replaced by new technology. And though it won’t hit disc or digital until December 3rd, those attending Shockfest this weekend will have a chance to see the film and meet the director (Garo Setian).
Check it out at 1 PM on Saturday, November 22nd, and give the new trailer a spin embedded at the top of the article. To see when other films and events are scheduled, check out the full Shockfest schedule below.
A workplace robot, AUTO, transforms into a killing machine when he discovers he will be replaced by a more efficient model.
Automation is nominated for the following awards at Shockfest:
1. ShockFest Film Festival – Best Actress – Elissa Dowling
2. ShockFest Film Festival – Best Cinematography – Michael Su
3. ShockFest Film Festival – Best Music – Joel Christian Goffin
4. ShockFest Film Festival – Best Feature Screenplay
Automation had already won the following awards:
1. Hollywood Horrorfest – Best Horror Feature
2. Hollywood Horrorfest – Best Feature Director
3. Hollywood Horrorfest – Best Feature Screenplay
4. Hollywood Horrorfest – Best Actress – Elissa Dowling
5. Hollywood Horrorfest – Best Supporting Actress – Sadie Katz
6. Hollywood Horrorfest – Best Supporting Actor – Jeff Rector
7. Halloweenapalooza – Best Feature Film
8. Fear Fete Horror Film Festival – Best Feature Director
9. Bleedingham Horror Film Festival – Best Feature Film
10. Marina Del Rey Film Festival – Best Sci-Fi Feature
11. Zed Fest – Outstanding Producing
12. Zed Fest – Outstanding Acting Performance – Elissa Dowling
13. Zed Fest – Outstanding Acting Performance – Sadie Katz
14. Zed Fest – Outstanding Acting Performance – Sarah French
15. Zed Fest – Outstanding Voice Acting Performance – Jim Tasker
16. Zed Fest – Outstanding Acting Performance – Jeff J. Knight
17. Zed Fest – Bob May Award – Jeff J. Knight
18. Studio City Film Festival – Best Sci-Fi Feature
You can pre-order Automation on Blu-ray, HERE; discs will ship on December 3rd.
Will you be staying at The Hotel Paranormal and/or attending Shockfest in Vegas this weekend? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! You can also carry on the convo with me personally on Twitter @josh_millican.