We’ve taken a bit of flak for covering “Riverdale” on The CW, but the powers-that-be behind the series have teased that we might see some of the supernatural characters from the Archie comics pop up now and then. And it turns out they were right – just not quite how we were expecting…
Read on for the first details on the upcoming “Riverdale” companion series “The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.”
From the Press Release:
Get ready for an intense look into the world of magic and witchcraft with “The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina,” a new one-hour dark drama/horror project based on the classic Archie Comics character. The new project is eyed to debut in The CW’s 2018-19 television season as a companion to “Riverdale.”
The new show will be written by Archie Comics Chief Creative Officer and “Riverdale” showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, directed by Lee Toland Krieger, and produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Brothers Studios. Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schecter, Jon Goldwater, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, and Lee Toland Krieger serve as executive producers.
“The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” will draw from the critically acclaimed CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA comic book series from Archie Comics written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and artist Robert Hack, detailing the compelling and shocking re-imagining of Sabrina the Teenage Witch’s occult origins. This dark coming-of-age story deals with horror, the occult, and witchcraft and will see Sabrina struggle to reconcile her dual nature of being half-witch and half-mortal while protecting her family and the world from the forces of evil.
Casting and additional news on the new series will be revealed in the months to come.
- One-Eye I had the game on the venerable Commodore64 and it was shit. I could just never figure out how to play it and I got killed every time.
- The One and Only One you might've missed was PREDATOR Vs. MAGNUS:ROBOT FIGHTER from 1993 that Dark Horse did with Valiant Comics. Fun two issue mini having Magnus fight a Predator in the Mile Spires of the 41st...
- Jason Pankoke RIP the "Hollywood" R/Greenberg. He went to school and taught at the University of Illinois where I live before moving to NYC and starting his first design firm. I have a souvenir book of an exhibit...
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Rest in Peace: Director and Title Designer Richard Alan Greenberg Passes Away at 71
Popcorn Frights 2018: World Premiere of First English-Language Cuban Horror Film Leads the First Wave
Marketing Magic: John McTiernan’s PREDATOR
E3 2018: Massive Photo Gallery Recap
Dark Horse and Netflix Announce STRANGER THINGS Comic Books!
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
Exclusive: This PREACHER Clip Ramps up the Spice!
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Editorials5 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News2 days ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News5 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News5 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
News5 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
Reviews6 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News6 days ago
Sid Haig Celebrates HANUKKAH
News3 days ago
Rob Zombie Says “Sh*t Gets Crazy!” in 3 FROM HELL