SINISTER Director Wants To Make R-Rated STAR WARS: HOTH Horror Movie

Sinister and Doctor Strange director Scott Derrickson may have left the director’s chair on Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness, but it looks like he has a killer idea of how to join the Star Wars universe – with Star Wars: Hoth, an R-rated frozen planet horror film in the vein of John Carpenter’s The Thing and Lovecraft’s In the Mountains of Madness.

Derrickson says: “Just asked what kind of Star Wars movie I would make. I answered that I would make Hoth, an R-rated frozen planet horror film in the vein of The Thing or Lovecraft’s In the Mountains of Madness, with zero connection to any previous characters or storylines.”

Nice!

Derrickson originally took to Twitter to share this killer pitch but his tweet has since been deleted (let the speculation as to why begin!). That said, our buddies over at MovieWeb managed to snag a screenshot of the tweet before it went down and you can check it out below.

How excited would YOU be for this film? Let us know below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! While we wait for Disney to get their hidden Mickeys in gear and make this movie, remember that Derrickson recently signed to take the helm of Skydance’s Bermuda Triangle movie, Bermuda with Chris Evans. So, you know, that’s something to look forward to.

Plot details are being kept under wraps, except for the fact that it will – go figure – be set in the mysterious patch of the Caribbean where planes and ships have gone missing over the years.

Movie magic in motion, folks.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: