FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Firefly/Serenity
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:26 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

Look I'd be willing to rent the first season of Buffy and see what it's about when I don't have anything else going on but it's just not a priority for me.

I'd rather get around to watching Lost first which seems really interesting to me and sci-fiish from what I've seen.

A TV show about vampires and monsters just doesn't get me excited.

If I do watch it and love it I'll have no problem in saying so but time is short these days. Football season is upon us and that takes priority over everything. I not only like to watch the Bears fumble snaps but I watch every game that's aired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ultimo Franco
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:43 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 2039

Floydian Trip wrote:
I guarantee people will still be talking about Firefly 10 or 20 years from now.

Then again, you're the guy who said regarding Halloween 2 and The Final Destination: "I don't think there's going to even be a contest this weekend. I don't think FD has a prayer."

I suggest you get a new crystal ball, Kreskin. Your power of prognostication sucks. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:09 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

Ultimo Franco wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
I guarantee people will still be talking about Firefly 10 or 20 years from now.

Then again, you're the guy who said regarding Halloween 2 and The Final Destination: "I don't think there's going to even be a contest this weekend. I don't think FD has a prayer."

I suggest you get a new crystal ball, Kreskin. Your power of prognostication sucks. Laughing


Well how the fuck was I supposed to know that the general movie going audience was going to suddenly develop good taste. Or maybe 3D is as cool as the Wii.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
resevil80
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:16 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 16 Oct 2007
Posts: 448

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
resevil80 wrote:
Battlestar Galactica....another show I need to watch..only caught a few episodes but liked it....I just can't sit down everyweek at the same time and watch a show anymore..


That's what glorious DVR is for.


You have no Idea how far behind I am...DVR...not yet..but soon....soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:37 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Floydian Trip wrote:
Ultimo Franco wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
I guarantee people will still be talking about Firefly 10 or 20 years from now.

Then again, you're the guy who said regarding Halloween 2 and The Final Destination: "I don't think there's going to even be a contest this weekend. I don't think FD has a prayer."

I suggest you get a new crystal ball, Kreskin. Your power of prognostication sucks. Laughing


Well how the fuck was I supposed to know that the general movie going audience was going to suddenly develop good taste. Or maybe 3D is as cool as the Wii.


It wasn't even that. It's that Halloween sucked and people know it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:12 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

Halloween has always sucked. It took this long for poeple to figure it out?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:33 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Floydian Trip wrote:
Halloween has always sucked. It took this long for poeple to figure it out?


The original is good. No matter what your bad tastes makes you say.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:39 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
Halloween has always sucked. It took this long for poeple to figure it out?


The original is good. No matter what your bad tastes makes you say.


There you go runnin at the mouth again. How many times do I need to post on this forum that JC's is a horror masterpiece????

The rest are fucking horrible so who gives a shit about H2?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:43 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Floydian Trip wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
Halloween has always sucked. It took this long for poeple to figure it out?


The original is good. No matter what your bad tastes makes you say.


There you go runnin at the mouth again. How many times do I need to post on this forum that JC's is a horror masterpiece????

The rest are fucking horrible so who gives a shit about H2?


I figured you would because you're a Zombie fan. House of 1000 Corpses is just as bad his Halloween.

BUT, in the interest of the forum and this thread, I digress.

Firefly is good, just not better than Buffy or Angel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Butcher
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:19 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1305

FIREFLY and BUFFY. Apples and oranges man. Why even fucking compare the two? It's alllll part of the Whedon cannon, so who gives a rats ass?

Zip up your fly, the pissing match is O-V-E-R.
_________________
When you are beautiful it's only skin deep, but when you are ugly it's all the way through.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:21 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

The Butcher wrote:
FIREFLY and BUFFY. Apples and oranges man. Why even fucking compare the two? It's alllll part of the Whedon cannon, so who gives a rats ass?


Apples and Oranges doesn't apply.

Quote:
Zip up your fly, the pissing match is O-V-E-R.


It's over when I'm done pissing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:12 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

Anyway, Kaylee is awesome. It's funny as hell how she became part of the crew. I always thought she was cute in a girl-next-door kind of way and certainly would never have kicked her out of bed but she lost a few pounds and looked amazing in Serenity. Smokin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:32 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 2683
Location: Savannah, Georgia

Floydian Trip wrote:
Anyway, Kaylee is awesome. It's funny as hell how she became part of the crew. I always thought she was cute in a girl-next-door kind of way and certainly would never have kicked her out of bed but she lost a few pounds and looked amazing in Serenity. Smokin.


I concur. Kaylee is awesome and Jewel Staite is gorgeous and then some.

Then again, in the Whedonverse I've always liked the shy, geeky, girl-next door characters (Willow on Buffy, Fred on Angel).
_________________
"I hate all sports as rabidly as a person who likes sports hates common sense." - H. L. Mencken
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:54 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

I liked Willow at first. The more witch like she became, the less attractive she became. But Amy Acker? She's my favrouite woman of the Whedonverse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:10 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

Let me ask this then. Are the women in other Whedon shows as sexual as they are in Firefly? I really love that about them. Of course, Inara is a companion and is incredibly sexual, Zoe is the warrior woman and seems to take charge of the sexual aspect of her relationship with Wash as the time when she asked Mal to take the helm so Wash could strip her cloths off and Kaylee was on board because she screwed the original mechanic and talks about masturbation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> The Terror Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum