POSSESSION OF HANNAH GRACE Star and Writer Participate in Q&A Following Hollywood Screening

On the eve of The Possession of Hannah Grace’s Blu-ray/DVD release, Dread Central and Sony were proud to co-host a “Last Chance” screening last night at the Arena Cinelounge Sunset in Hollywood. Best of all, the film’s writer Brian Sieve and star Kirby Johnson (who plays the titular Hannah Grace—both living and dead) were in attendance and stuck around for a Q&A following the show.

“When I went in to audition, first they asked me to cry on cue, then they asked me to do some body movements,” Johnson told the audience when asked about her incredible ability to contort. “They said ‘Thank you’ but before I left, I said, ‘Let me show you one more thing.’ So, I put my legs over my head and crawled around like a spider… they were like, ‘We can’t wait to show this audition tape to the producers!”

Of course, playing a role that requires you to be naked 100% of the time had some drawbacks.

“It took one hour to get me into makeup and two hours to get out. I was the first one on set and the last to leave. I was covered with this goo, so even when I wasn’t filming, I couldn’t on a robe or anything. I would just huddle and shiver by the heater!”

Left to Right: Brian Sieve, Kirby Johnson, Josh Millican (Dread Central)

When asked about what inspired him, Seive mentioned his Catholic upbringing, but also a desire to take a different approach to the exorcism/possession subgenre: “I imagined this demon who just refused to leave.” It doesn’t reinvent any wheels, but it opens up an uncharted avenue for exploration: What happens when an exorcism fails? What motivates these demons?

It’s a good thing he’s wrapped his mind around these concepts, as he’ll continue to mine the possession subgenre in his next project only recently announced: “It’s called The Exorcism at Lincoln High, and I’m really excited to get started on that.” I asked if it was actually a Hannah Grace prequel, but he claims the two films are completely unrelated. Time will tell.

The Possession of Hannah Grace currently available to own on Digital HD; the Blu-ray/DVD will hit online and brick and mortar retailers beginning Tuesday, February 26th. If you missed it in theaters, you can check out the trailer and synopsis below.

Synopsis:
A shocking exorcism spirals out of control, claiming the life of a young woman. Months later, Megan Reed is working the graveyard shift in the morgue when she takes delivery of a disfigured cadaver. Locked alone inside the basement corridors, Megan begins to experience horrifying visions and starts to suspect that the body may be possessed by a ruthless demonic force.

The Possession of Hannah Grace is directed by Diederik Van Rooijen; in addition to Johnson, the film stars Shay Mitchell, Grey Damon, and Nick Thune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWvDsMILe8c

Have you seen The Possession of Hannah Grace? Are you excited to pick up the Blu-ray/DVD this Tuesday, February 26th? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: