David Arquette’s HIGH VOLTAGE Strikes Release Date

David Arquette is one of my favorite cult-actors out there. Basically, the man was in Wes Craven’s Scream, so I’ll love him forever. And speaking of Deputy Dewey, today we have word via Deadline regarding his new film High Voltage.

Looks like SP Releasing has acquired rights to the horror thriller that was written, produced and directed by Project Greenlight creator Alex Keledjian.

The script and the score are based on my experiences of living and working in Hollywood, and the scope and spectacle of film is the perfect vehicle to tell this story,” said Keledjian, who also wrote the film’s soundtrack. “SP Releasing just got that, and is releasing it in theaters, which for me is a dream come true.”

Once called Hollow Body, the film is set in the Los Angeles music scene. Arquette’s costars include Allie Gonino, Perrey Reeves and Luke Wilson. Michael D. Jones, Ryan Gibson, Dwjuan Fox, and Mitch Waxman are producers.

The film will be released in time for Halloween in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Detroit among 10 cities at launch via SP Releasing October 19th.

Synopsis:

A struggling rock band led by washed-out rock star Jimmy Kleen (Arquette) that strikes a deal with a cynical record executive (Wilson). Things take a turn when the band’s lead singer Rachel (Gonino) and her controlling stage mother Barb (Reeves) are struck by lightening and killed. Rachel is brought back to life, but now lightning courses through her veins and she uses her new powers to drain the life from men and turn it into electrifying stage performances. Her bandmates discover her secret and must decide how far are they are willing to let her go to help them succeed.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: