FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Radio 666 -> THERE IS A GOD!!!
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:43 am  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/music/story/_a/led-zeppelin-reunion/20070912103409990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Quote:
LONDON (Sept. 12) - Led Zeppelin will perform a one-time comeback concert in memory of Ahmet Ertegun, a co-founder of Atlantic Records.

The band will perform together for the first time in 19 years on Nov. 26, at London's The O2 venue, on the banks of the River Thames.

Too bad there's no way in Hell I can go.
bart138
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:57 pm  Reply with quote

I dunno. Somehow I doubt Bonham will be in good form.
Mr. Fat
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:04 pm  Reply with quote

bart138 wrote:

Bonham-bot 8000 will eradicate any and all doubts you may have about robot/cadaver drummer.

With extreme prejudice.
bart138
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:27 pm  Reply with quote

Mr. Fat wrote:
bart138 wrote:

Bonham-bot 8000 will eradicate any and all doubts you may have about robot/cadaver drummer.

With extreme prejudice.

Rolling Eyes Pssh, robot drummer? That is so Kraftwerk 1977.
The Butcher
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:01 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Actually Jason Bonham knows his shit nowadays. saw him play here in San Francisco w/UFO a year or two back. He was very very good. I was with a famous metal drummer friend and we got to hang out a bit. Jason played a bunch of his dad;'s shit at soundcheck, flawless. The drummer I was with does a fucking spot on Bonham himself (hard to do, I even believe you need the right body type...fireplug of a guy with cannons for arms) and we were both like "Well okay then. That was perfect..."

SO whoever ends up getting to go should be in for quite a treat (if you like Zep) I wish I had tix...to sell on eBay.
Tshoffie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:06 am  Reply with quote

i couldnt care less personally i think jimmy paige needs to get a life and let the band rest.... they are so overrated to begin with...
ajburton29
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:06 pm  Reply with quote

*taken from the AP

LONDON -- Led Zeppelin fans awaiting the rockers' reunion will have to wait a little longer.

The band's first concert in two decades, scheduled for Nov. 26, has been postponed until Dec. 10 after guitarist Jimmy Page fractured a finger, organizers said Friday.

"I am disappointed that we are forced to postpone the concert by two weeks," Page said in a statement.

"However, Led Zeppelin have always set very high standards for ourselves, and we feel that this postponement will enable my injury to properly heal, and permit us to perform at the level that both the band and our fans have always been accustomed to."

Led Zeppelin, who split up in 1980 after the death of drummer John Bonham, announced in September they were reuniting for a one-off show. The lineup includes Page, singer Robert Plant and bass player John Paul Jones, along with Bonham's son Jason.

More than 1 million fans entered a draw for a chance to buy one of the 10,000 tickets to the concert at London's O2 Arena, a tribute to Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun, who died last year. The lineup also includes former Rolling Stone Bill Wyman, Foreigner and young Scottish singer Paolo Nutini.

Organizers said tickets for the Nov. 26 gig will be honored at the rescheduled show.