FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Six Feet Under
Texas Horror
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:04 pm  Reply with quote

On Bravo.

Anyone else watching this for the first time?

I've been watching since they started it and all I can say is...

Well, nothing. Other than I love this show!

From what I have read, this is the last season. I wish HBO could ressurect it or something. What happened? The ratings were there right? I don't know what happens to end the series, AND DON'T WANT TO.

But why did this hit show end after 5 seasons? Granted that is a long time nowadays... but still.
zombie2473
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:27 pm  Reply with quote

HBO usually does things like this. most of their series dont go over 5 or 6 seasons (well their drama's anyway). It ended at the right time i think. And the last episode is possibly one of the saddest endings of any series ever.
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:35 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

Huge SFU fan here. Loved every episode and every character from start to finish. I didn't think the ending was sad as much as beautiful and so rewarding. One of my most favorite send-offs ever. Sure I cried, but that's cause the show was so life-like.
kiddcapone
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:38 am  Reply with quote

Six Feet Under is EASILY one of my favorite shows of all-time and deserves to go down in history as one of the greatest shows ever to air on television.

I don't go throwing that type of praise often, if at all.

I was hooked on Six Feet Under from the very first episode and NEVER missed one single show. I loved each character and thought it never once went through any lows. Each episode was like it's own little masterpiece. I hated to see the show end, but like "they" say, all good things must come to an end. At least the show started off high, maintained excellence, and ended while on top.
Lunablix
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:10 am  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

I couldn't agree more with WIB. It was a great show and it ended well. It only gets better with each episode.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:41 am  Reply with quote

Love the first two seasons with a passion. Like the third season a good bit and enjoy the fact that it ends with very little resolution.

The fourth season, however, is problematic. It's far too meandering. The storyline dealing with David as a "poor me" victim trying to reclaim his courage goes on and on and on pointlessly and protractedly and ultimately weakens empathy for the character. Ditto for the crazy George storyline. Ditto the Federico/Vanessa angst. And I'm not at all a fan of the final ep of the season, which turns the whole thing into a fairly typical murder mystery/police procedural. It was way too out of character for the show, way too "television." This was definitely the weakest season of them all, and the seams were really beginning to show.

However, they came back in fine form for Season 5, completely restored my good faith, and really closed the show out with a bang. And yeah, the last ep is phenomenal, Sia song and all.

Last edited by Messiahman on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:44 am; edited 2 times in total
kILLmEsLOWLY
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:43 am  Reply with quote

I loved it from go to whoah !!!
It's one for the DVD shelves
Texas Horror
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:25 pm  Reply with quote

The Woman In Black wrote:
Huge SFU fan here. Loved every episode and every character from start to finish. I didn't think the ending was sad as much as beautiful and so rewarding. One of my most favorite send-offs ever. Sure I cried, but that's cause the show was so life-like.

I really expect to cry at the end. I kinda stumbled across some spoilers on the net before I knew it. If what I read is right, I'll definatly cry.

Hell, I sobbed like a schoolgirl when Nate buried Lisa. That was some messed up shit, the way he was just stomping the ground and screaming.

Weeping openly
Texas Horror
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:03 am  Reply with quote

I just got through watching the last episode on my DVR.

No sitcom has ever, nor will ever touch my heart as this one has.

The sequence where it showed everyone's deaths...

I'm still in tears.

Sorry, I just wanted to share.
Lunablix
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:45 am  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

Texas Horror wrote:
I just got through watching the last episode on my DVR.

No sitcom has ever, nor will ever touch my heart as this one has.

The sequence where it showed everyone's deaths...

I'm still in tears.

Sorry, I just wanted to share.

I thought that was a great ending although it kinda left me wondering what happened to the little girl. But it did end the what happened for everyone else.
Lustmord
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:33 pm  Reply with quote

I don't have HBO and missed seeing some episodes of Six Feet Under when it was on. I caught the ones I haven't seen on Bravo and loved every bit of it. Loved the characters, loved the stories and the last episode was like no other.
Showing how each character aged and how they died was brilliant! Even on their website they showed their obituaries.

I will be looking to get this series on DVD.