Do you write horror fiction? Dread Central wants to see what you’ve got! We are now looking to digitally publish short horror stories on an ongoing basis for a new creative initiative.
With that said, if you’ve been wanting to have your work read by an audience of dedicated horror fans, this is your chance! We want to review stories from writers of all levels. If you’re professional, we want to hear from you! If you’ve just written your very first story ever, we absolutely want to read it.
We are open to horror stories of all kinds, including ghost stories, original Creepypastas, Horror IRL experiences, cultural legends, paranormal accounts, crime fiction, horror poetry, and anything else you consider to be horror fiction.
- All stories must be 300 – 1000 words in length. Any stories outside of this window will not be considered.
- Stories must be shared with us through an editable format. This includes Docx, Google Doc, and editable PDF. Any works which we are unable to edit/copy and paste will not be considered
- Stories may have been published elsewhere, but priority will be assigned to unpublished works
- Dread Central will not own your stories after publication
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Send your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject line state: “Your name – Story title – Word count”
- In the body of the email please include a one-sentence summary as well as the document
- In the email please specify if the story has been previously published or not
- Only one submission per email. We will not accept more than 3 unique submissions per month
Only a select number of stories will be published. All selected authors will receive a package explaining this initiative and our pay scale.
We will do our best to respond to all submissions in a timely manner.
Lastly, all inquires, including those about rates, should be forwarded email@example.com