Get ready for a whole lot of Pennywise the Dancing Clown when Bill Skarsgård reprises the role in IT: Chapter Two, floating into theaters on September 6th. But if you’re worried you won’t get your fill of creepy clown-themed horror movies this Fall, don’t worry. There are more of them coming down the pike than you realize.
YouTuber 3C Films rounded up a gaggle of upcoming, clown-themed horror movies in the video embedded at the top of the article. If you can’t stream, or simply want to cut to the chase, you can check out the films that are highlighted below.
Related Article: IT: CHAPTER TWO Director Says Hate Crime Scene Was Essential
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space: While we don’t know if this will be a reboot or a sequel to the 1988 movie, reports indicate a new Killer Klowns movie is in the works at Syfy.
Related Article: SyFy Rebooting CRITTERS and KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE
- Joker: With a confirmed R rating, this film should definitely be on the list. Look for the film in theaters beginning October 4th.
Related Article: Put On a Happy Face In Latest Images of Joaquin Phoenix’s JOKER
- Terrifier 2: The sequel to Terrifier will further expand the mythology of Art the Clown. The film recently wrapped an extremely successful Kickstarter campaign and promises to be even more depraved than the first. Hopefully, we’ll be setting eyes on Terrifier 2 sometime in 2020.
Related Article: Who (Or What) Is Art the Clown?
- Jack in the Box: Arriving sometime in 2020.
Related Article: Trailer: Creepy Doll and Clown Horror Collide in JACK IN THE BOX
- Gags the Clown: Produced by our friends at Bloody Disgusting, Gags aims to blur the line between fact and fiction. The filmmakers claim responsibility for the creepy clown craze of 2016-2017. Look for it beginning September 3rd.
Related Article: Trailer: Get a Load of GAGS THE CLOWN This September
- Funhouse: An Asylum release.
- ClownDoll: Look for this one beginning October 5th.
Which clown-themed horror movie are you most looking forward to? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! You can also carry on the convo with me personally on Twitter @josh_millican.